Mission Galacitca: The Cylon Attack available on DVD

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Mission Galacitca: The Cylon Attack available on DVD

Post by Red Eye » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:34 am

For all who didn't know: The second theatrical BSG-movie is now out on DVD in the UK since August 6th...

I've ordered a copy and can't wait to see it again...

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:22 am

Yes I did see the Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack is for sale in the UK, but the exchange rate makes it cost as much as the entire DVD set. I'll wait for the US release when it doesn't cost so much.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:57 am

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:25 am

Now that is much better, I could almost buy it at that rate. I'll still wait for a USA release, it will be more shipping rate friendly.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:07 am

My DVD arrived today! Now, I just gotta figure out how to play a Region 2 PAL DVD here in the United States. Feel free to suggest stuff. :)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:37 am

Does your DVD player on the PC play multiply regions. I made sure when I buy a DVD player for the living room, or the PC it plays all regions. The last PC had a counter for regions, and would only change 7 times, till it locked up, and I had to buy the software to unlock it to play all regions. Man it was shocker to see that pop up window. I only changed regions 3 times before I bought an other PC. The living room DVD player doesn't have that problem. It is a cheap o full range player that plays just about any type of file you can image. So it is a great source to play files I have downloaded from the PC. My latest viewing was I went to watch Transformers at the theater the day after it opened. I liked it, so I came home downloaded onto the PC, burned it on a DVD and watched it in mpeg format. I'll support the producers and buy the movie when released to DVD.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:15 am

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:29 am

Very cool, haven't seen that in a few years, nor the updated version that David made. I'll have to watch that soon.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:58 am

GoldCylon wrote:Does your DVD player on the PC play multiply regions. I made sure when I buy a DVD player for the living room, or the PC it plays all regions. The last PC had a counter for regions, and would only change 7 times, till it locked up, and I had to buy the software to unlock it to play all regions. Man it was shocker to see that pop up window. I only changed regions 3 times before I bought an other PC. The living room DVD player doesn't have that problem. It is a cheap o full range player that plays just about any type of file you can image. So it is a great source to play files I have downloaded from the PC. My latest viewing was I went to watch Transformers at the theater the day after it opened. I liked it, so I came home downloaded onto the PC, burned it on a DVD and watched it in mpeg format. I'll support the producers and buy the movie when released to DVD.
Yeah, I guess I know what I have to do.......Unlock my stand-alone DVD player to play region 2 DVD's and then convert it over to an NTSC DVD......or......I'm aware of the computer region codes only allowed to be changed a few times before locking up. I may just get a seperate PAL DVD player for my computer that I'll hookup when I want to rip a PAL DVD. Then use some kind of software to convert the ripped DVD from PAL to NTSC. I got to figure out the best way to do it and I'm sure I can. I just thought I'd ask if anyone here has done this using a computer.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:38 am

There is a program I used to us a few years ago, it would rip the DVD, and then I could burn it any format or size I wanted. The program was a bunch of letters, not a name. It was a program that could be downloaded on line and was posted, or hosted in China. Sorry I can't recall the program, but it was a great program.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:04 am

O.K., I figured it out. I was able to convert the "Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack" PAL DVD over to NTSC DVD. The picture quality is perfect. Now anyone in the United States can view this video in all its glory! For those interested contact me for more information.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:26 am

Very cool. Can't wait to see it full screen. Have you noticed edit work, like extended or deleted sections.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:19 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Very cool. Can't wait to see it full screen. Have you noticed edit work, like extended or deleted sections.
Honestly, I just checked it for video/audio quality and haven't had a chance to watch the episode yet. The funny part is that last year I spent quite a bit of time transferring my store-bought VHS over to DVD and now I just did the same thing from PAL DVD to NTSC DVD. I thought the VHS transfer was great...well, this new transfer just blows everything else away. I can't wait to watch it!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 pm

Can't wait to hear what is new, or deleted. I watched a segment that Bishop37 (I think that is correct) from the UK posted on YouTube, and I noticed about 3 minor changes in that 10 or 20 minute segment.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Re: Mission Galacitca: The Cylon Attack available on DVD

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:38 pm

Sorry for the zombie thread, but any news on an R1 release for this?

I mean, for chrissakes, Amazon has a fraking Betamax version of this thing and we can't get it in R1???

:blink: :huh:
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Return to “1978 TV Series”