Adama's Medallion

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
GoldCylon
Founder

Adama's Medallion

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:57 am

Spcglider aka Gordon did an other great job. He carver out a little toy, that seems to have turned a few heads. He was able to make a screen accurate version of Adama's medallion. Over the years others made made fruitless attempts, but only because of a lack of a good screen capture of studio photo showing any details. Well the Lords of Kobal looked down onto Gordon, and gave him the insight track on what he needed to do to make this piece of art. I recently bought one of these from Gordon, and decided to chrome mine, and well the camera tricks with taking photo's of chrome have returned, but here is the finished item. And here is a public thank you to Gordon for his great work.
Dale

Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:27 am

How much would you charge to chrome another one of these? Heck, why not just chrome a bunch and sell the finished product?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:39 am

I didn't want to buy a bunch on them, and the chrome didn't turn out, and then have my hands full of them.
It runs $22 to chrome one of these.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Sorry to dig up something old but NOT ugly...

I got a resin copy from a friend and din't know what to do with it.

That is, before I got pewter crazy! Planning on making a copy this month, need to get molding supplies and finally pop my casting cherry!

Pewter buffs up to a really great metal look, not chrome, not silver, hard to describe. We'll see how it turns out. I do think buffing the high details and leaving the low alone will look stunning.

I investigated the source of this resin medallion ages ago and have had contact with Gordon? Can't remember. Anyway, there is a guy who owns the original one and asked another guy to make a mold of it. The guy who owns the original is still selling the resin ones on his website (can't seem to find it right now). Anywho, I asked for permission to recast the medallion in pewter for this board, but sadly got a no from the owner through the caster. The caster didn't mind though.

So sorry I can't offer these, but I'll be sure to share pics.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am

Chris Pappas used to sell replica Adama medallions on his site www.kobol.com.

He also owns the original screen-used Adama costume as well:

http://www.kobol.com/costumes/c04.html

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:32 am

Adama's outfit is so cool!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:08 pm

Yeah cheers, That was it indeed.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 pm

Sir Round, Chris Pappas doesn't own the rights to that medallion. You can make anything you like. You were given the OK by Gordon who made a replica of that Adama medallion. Since Gordon is the source of finding the item in the middle via help from a friend in I think England, and Gordon's boss did the sculpting of the back piece you have Gordon's blessing I think. Chris doesn't have a word to say about it. Chris sells copies of Gordon's piece that Gordon made. Don't let Chris try to say anything else, he wants to corner the market the sells has his OWN item, when the fact is he owns the original piece, and carries no rights to it at all. It is a free for all in my view, so go made and sell them as you please, and count me in for your 1st order.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm

I'd like to have the medallion, too.

So count me in as well!

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 am

Me three!

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:08 am

Hmmm...

Well, I thought I was doing the right thing...

:roll:

A small run for fans here would be nice though.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:23 pm

SiR-ROUND wrote:Hmmm...

Well, I thought I was doing the right thing...

A small run for fans here would be nice though.
If Chris wasn't such a bully about things I wouldn't have said a word, but he twist things around for his own needs. Even on this Adama piece Gordon found the item on his own, and Chris tried to bully him around on it, but Gorden knew he could do what ever with no legal block to stop him. Just like now, so count me in, and the 2 others also if you want to go that route.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 am

Hey.

Sorry for the delay. I have bought mold max 60 that'll do the job I hope.

I did contact Gordon again about this issue, as I don't want to just get back on my word to him.

Awaiting answer.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 am

Got my answer...

Why do things have to be this hard...

ChrisPappas
Spare Parts

Post by ChrisPappas » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:00 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Since Gordon is the source of finding the item in the middle via help from a friend in I think England, and Gordon's boss did the sculpting of the back piece you have Gordon's blessing I think. Chris doesn't have a word to say about it. Chris sells copies of Gordon's piece that Gordon made. Don't let Chris try to say anything else, he wants to corner the market the sells has his OWN item, when the fact is he owns the original piece, and carries no rights to it at all. It is a free for all in my view, so go made and sell them as you please, and count me in for your 1st order.
Gordon and I collaborated on this and I supplied the center piece to Gordon for molding. Prior to that, he had one of my photographs that he got from a source other than me.

Once I supplied the center piece, our agreement was that only he could sell them and in fact, the pieces I sold on my site were castings suppled by Gordon and finished by me.

This is not a free for all and anyone who proceeds from that viewpoint diminishes this hobby by encouraging or participating in recasting. For a primer on recasting, I suggest searching for "recaster" or "recasting" at TheRPF.com.

If someone wants to make an Adama medallion, or anything else for that matter, they should go through the effort of researching and creating a master, or at the very least, go get themselves their own priceless original to risk in the molding process rather than buying a tub of rubber to dump over someone else's effort.

Chris

Return to “1978 TV Series”