Everything Points to the Classic Cylon Centurion

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Everything Points to the Classic Cylon Centurion

Post by tejanovader » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:03 pm

:cylon: Having been a big fan of the Classic Series, the Reimagined and Caprica, I am more and more convinced that all things point to the Classic Centurion design and I am once again loving all things robotic!
Currently, I am building the re-release of the classic raider and basestar. I definitely want to add a helmet to my sci fi helmet collection. Anyway! Hello!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Everything Points to the Classic Cylon Centurion

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:17 pm

tejanovader - WELCOME! Glad that you've joined, post often and have fun.

Have you seen my Raider build? Here is a link to the thread:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=558 However it ends, is how it sits... one of the rainy day projects that I have not had to time to get to you. You need to put up a build diary of your ships... I'd like to see one on the Basestar. I still need to get one of them.

Again, WELCOME!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Hey tejonovader, welcome, and kick the tires around here a bit, and also throw out anything you have to offer up. Projects you have completed, photos of your collection, and what ever else you might have a gift for doing.
Attachments
TejanoVader.jpg

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks guys for the nice welcome. I think I am really going to love this Forum a lot. I have also posted my build of the most amazing Pixar Cars character, "BESSIE" over at www.carsthetoys.com. Go to "RAMONE'S HOUSE of BODY ART" and look for "Building Bessie"

http://carsthetoys.yuku.com/topic/3541/ ... V1-V2.html

I actually sold the 1st version of this build and used the money to buy the basestar and the raider.

So, it looks like I will be posting over at the model threads.....ha ha...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:45 pm

HOLY WOW!
Your BESSIE build is perfectly awesome! You are going to make my poor raider look like I put it together while in the fourth grade! :( lol
I am going to watch your Cylon builds with INTREST!

Again - wow - BESSIE rocks.

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:01 pm

:cylon: Thanks for the compliment on Bessie. I don't have the first idea about how I am going to do this raider build yet...lol. I think the care you put into your build is most impressive. It is truly a beautiful piece.
One thing I have decided on is to use the color scheme from the raider in "RAZOR". There is a very good reference shot of the rear of the raider as it is coming to destroy the raptor. I have never really done the lighting thing on anything before, so this will take some time. Thanks for posting your process. It will be most helpful. I am really enjoying this site, by the way. :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Glad you like the site, and that my build diary is helpful. I need to get back to that :)
One thing I think I need to change is the "chrome-ness" I will need to really weather mine down. Tinman is currently building a classic Raider too, and I've seen a sneak peak photo of it - and I must say - WOW! We have some talented members!

Soulsearcher
Citizen

Post by Soulsearcher » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:21 am

Greetings and welocme to all things Cylon! make ya self at home, wander the corridors of this vast empire, post away on all things with an evil red eye,menacing voice and shiney chrome!!
Looking forward to seeing the basestar as I've had one lying round the place for years and haven't had the time to get it out of the box yet! SHAME ON ME!!!!!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:24 am

SoulSearcher, nice Cylon you have in your signature there. Is that your Cylon?

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 pm

:cylon: Thanks for the welcomes, everyone. I feel the cold metallic sense of friendship already!!! My avatar is "Robbie" the robot from Lost Planet. He is, to me, arguably the father of sentient SCI FI robots. I will be lurking around the site, but don't be suprised if I post mostly over at the models thread.....ha ha... :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Robbie is totally awesome, indeed. That (along with the B9 "Robot" from Lost In Space - classic show) would be a fun build to do. *sigh* If I only had unlimited time and money. :twisted:

Return to “Say Hi”