Hello from Missouri

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
SD68
Spare Parts

Hello from Missouri

Post by SD68 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:29 pm

:cylon: New member here and I am into everything Battlestar Galactica and Star Wars. I purchased a vac form helmet kit a couple of years ago and am now in the process of wanting to finish it and possibly adding the torso armor for a display piece.

Cy
Raider Commander

Re: Hello from Missouri

Post by Cy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Welcome aboard. Im sure you will find a plethra of qualified gurus here to help you with any questions you might have. So hang out and meet the folk.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Well, well, well... Hello from Missouri TO YOU TOO! :P
I'm in K.C. MO. What part of MO are you in?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

SD68
Spare Parts

Post by SD68 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:12 am

In Southeast Missouri about 30 miles north of Cape Girardeau and 80 miles south of St.Louis. The small town of Perryville.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:30 am

Welcome fellow Cylon fan. Lets see what you have completed so far if you can post a photo or two. Glad to have you on board.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:45 pm

SD68 wrote:In Southeast Missouri about 30 miles north of Cape Girardeau and 80 miles south of St.Louis. The small town of Perryville.
Ah! COOL. I've been to St. Louis only twice... I'm in the Rolla area from time-to-time... never got over the Perryville way.

Too cool to have two MO Cylons :)

SD68
Spare Parts

Post by SD68 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:27 pm

:cylon: I scratchbuilt a Boba Fett bucket a couple of years ago over on the Dented Helmet starting with a batting helmet. I am in the process of completing my lifesize Boba display. I will post some pics of the helmet later. As far as the cylon display, I have started to combine some wav centurion voice files with the eye scanner file to complete a 30 second file to be triggered by some type of area sensor when coming up to the display. The tough part has been getting all the voice files to sound the same and at the same level. Any advice here would be great and some files that don't have a lot of background noise.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:35 pm

What clips are you looking for? I have the DVDs and could sample the sound out... would that help?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:31 pm

SD68 wrote::cylon: I scratchbuilt a Boba Fett bucket a couple of years ago over on the Dented Helmet starting with a batting helmet. I am in the process of completing my lifesize Boba display. I will post some pics of the helmet later. As far as the cylon display, I have started to combine some wav centurion voice files with the eye scanner file to complete a 30 second file to be triggered by some type of area sensor when coming up to the display. The tough part has been getting all the voice files to sound the same and at the same level. Any advice here would be great and some files that don't have a lot of background noise.
I'd send chrisd a PM, and ask him about a CD. He has a custom made Cylon sounds collection he made.

Return to “Say Hi”