Galactica Affiliate Presentation video

Fan films, sounds, art, wallpaper images - and more. A rag tag fleet of fun.
Scott
Raider Gunner

Galactica Affiliate Presentation video

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:44 pm

I searched the forum and could not find anyone posting information on the clip I've found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMktL01avoI

It's from Chicago's WLS Channel 7 30th Anniversary Special, posted by FuzzyMemoriesTV. It appears the station put together part of their special from what was most likely the ABC affiliate presentation reel. Stations used these "reels" to show their advertisers what was coming up in the fall season and try to get them interested in buying ad time. Anyway, what's of interest to Galactica fans is yet ANOTHER voice for the Imperious Leader! Not Patrick MacNee, not the booming Ted Cassidy sounding voice from the Galactica theatrical trailer, nor the one used in the brief Leader appearance from Galactica: 1980. This one has a gurgling kind of effect added to the voice.

There's also a voiceover introducing: "the Android Sisters"!

Of note at the end is the series being called Battle Star: Galactica

If you haven't seen it, enjoy!

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Galactica Affiliate Presentation video

Post by Red Eye » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

It's always a pleasure of seeing more of the unused Leader close-up!

But the voice was a bit odd. The Centurions also had a different modulated voice, but it doesn't sound that bad IMHO.

Also love the close-ups of the Centurion inside the Raider cockpit. What a shame all these great scenes ended up on the cutting room floor!

Nevertheless, thanks A LOT for sharing it! :salute:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:56 pm

That was pretty cool. It looked like a ABC presentation party it was released for. Everything back then was Red Carpet. Great find. Thanks for sharing.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Another great video find! I've never heard that version of the Imperious Leader before...cool!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Great find, Scott! Thank you for posting it up.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Great alternate takes of some of those scenes!
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 am

Hey, my pleasure guys.

I love how even after 30+ years new stuff still comes to the surface.

I currently work for a ABC station, and I've been over this place top to bottom, but no old Galactica material exists here. :sad:

I was told that around 2 years before I started here, the GM at the time ordered all the old material laying around thrown out. So a huge dumpster was brought in and the place cleaned out.

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:27 pm

How bloody tragic is that! :sad:
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh I would have to say some 15+ years ago all the local stations jumped on the band wagon going from analog digital, and that included dumping video tape. They threw all that stuff out the door, but one station decided to have a free rummage sale. Stop be if you like it. TAKE IT!!! Well some cool stuff was found and kept, but none of it by me. I never made it, but I have seen a few things people around here scored.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Scott wrote:Hey, my pleasure guys.

I love how even after 30+ years new stuff still comes to the surface.

I currently work for a ABC station, and I've been over this place top to bottom, but no old Galactica material exists here. :sad:

I was told that around 2 years before I started here, the GM at the time ordered all the old material laying around thrown out. So a huge dumpster was brought in and the place cleaned out.
thanks for posting :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:27 am

GoldCylon wrote:Oh I would have to say some 15+ years ago all the local stations jumped on the band wagon going from analog digital, and that included dumping video tape. They threw all that stuff out the door, but one station decided to have a free rummage sale. Stop be if you like it. TAKE IT!!! Well some cool stuff was found and kept, but none of it by me. I never made it, but I have seen a few things people around here scored.
WOW!

That would have been fantastic.

It varies from station to station about how they feel about their materials.

The previous station I worked at people were aware of my interest in old TV series, so from time to time I would find items left in my mailbox. Heck, one time I found 3 episodes of BJ and The Bear, and one Sheriff Lobo episode left for me. Somehow the 3/4 inch video tapes were never sent back to the syndicator, and someone found them while digging through stuff. Then the chief engineer gave me a old Sony 3/4 machine to play them on...LOL.

Now on the other hand, I know a guy who used to work at a station in the early 90's and they were dumping a ton a stuff they didn't want. That included every episode of Star Trek on 16mm film. Now why those weren't returned to Paramount I have no idea, but he said they just threw them in the dumpster. So when he was leaving work that evening, he climbed in and dug them out and as he was starting the pack them away in his car the GM came out the door to leave, asked what he was doing and demanded he throw those back in the trash and not take those or anything else out of the dumpster.

Return to “Media - Video - Sound Clips -Music”