How long was Adama a member of the Council of the Twelve?

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

How long was Adama a member of the Council of the Twelve?

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:02 am

It seems clear Adama is a member at the beginning of Saga, representing Caprica at the peace conference. Later, as the only surviving member, he seems to be on the new Council at least for the remainder of Saga.

I don't think we really see the Council again until War of the Gods, at which point Adama still seems to be a member, raising objections and taking part in the discussions. But by Greetings from Earth, he seems to be off the Council and there is this new level of friction between the military and the civil government, which escalates further in Baltar's Escape.

Are there any quasi-official sources that give more details about Adama's history with the Council? Clearly their membership undergoes frequent turnover late in the series, since they never seem to be the same people for more than two episodes. They must have enacted strict term limits of ten centons or something! :lol:

"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: How long was Adama a member of the Council of the Twelve

Post by Red Eye » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Another very good question...

Here's the entry for Adama from the "Encyclopedia Galactica" book, which is non-canonical to the series but it may provides some answers at all:

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hope It Is The Grog
Squadron Leader

Re: How long was Adama a member of the Council of the Twelve

Post by Hope It Is The Grog » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:03 am

Thanks! So he would have lost the presidency sometime before War of the Gods, but not his membership. Well, at least it seems someone else was the president in War of the Gods.
"I may move to the command chamber. I'm sure they're talking about me while I'm in here."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sufferin ... 2291161676

Return to “1978 TV Series”