Hi from NJ, USA

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
tkjimbo
Citizen

Hi from NJ, USA

Post by tkjimbo » Mon May 20, 2013 12:08 am

Hi there - My name is James H and I'm really new to the Cylon building world... Ordered a suit from Scott Maple and just waiting for it now and trying to figure out how to hit the ground running when it is ready... Not the most talented costume craftsman, but I've gotten better since I've started

I am also a 501st (TK-6799) and Rebel Legion member with a Stormtrooper, TIE Pilot, Crewman and Rebel Pilot. Also have a Cobra Trooper that hasn't seen the light of day yet (maybe Wizard World Philly in a couple of weeks)

Loved the Cylons since I was a little kid, and after running out of Star Wars costumes that i wanted to do, I decided to go for one that I didnt think was possible...

Right now, the project looking to figure out my sound options... I picked up the QNeo app for my iPad/iPhone which is great for voice conversion, but want to make it costume friendly..

Looking forward to getting involved here...

JamesH aka TKJimbo aka TK6799
Public Relations Officer - 501st NorthEast Remnant Garrison

Author of the book Lost Boys of the Bronx: The Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Hi from NJ, USA

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon May 20, 2013 12:40 am

Hello James! And welcome.

Wow, we'd love to see your other costumes - post some photos if you can. We are not *only* Cylon. ;)
I would love to do a Stormtrooper myself... too cool. (My wife even would like to see me have a trooper costume. :shock:)

Yes, be sure to get involved - happy to have another "reformed 501st member" (haha, everyone should make CYLONS!). Welcome to our community - MUCH smaller than the 501st, but we try. I'm sure you'll be happy with Scott's suit I can't wait to see photos after you get it. :)

Be sure to check out http://www.cylonempire.com and http://www.cylon-knight.com for more info too... AND if you've not spent time in our Gallery, you should check it out. http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongallery our V.I.P. and Gallery Admin, Red Eye, is always adding more to the Gallery. If you have anything to add that would be great. Just drop Red Eye a PM.

Post often - and enjoy the site!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 am

Yes - Welcome! I'm sure you will find a lot of folks here are in the same boat as you are. I myself was a very active 501st member and still love Star Wars but love the chrome too! Same but different.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Mon May 20, 2013 3:11 am

Welcome aboard the Basestar!

It's always nice to welcome a fellow Cylon builder. :cylon:

Good luck with your build and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

tkjimbo
Citizen

Post by tkjimbo » Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks for the welcome guys... Right now I'm in "little kid in a candy store" mode... Theres so much cool stuff out there, that I'm completely overwhelmed and have to close down my browser sometimes to avoid burning out my circuits LOL
Slowly but surely, I'll acclimate to everything...

For now, Star Wars is easy to process since I've been doing it since 2009... So heres a quick summary of my other costumes...

Tons of pictures on my FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/lanternmedia - Feel free to add me (just let me know you're from here) :)

My TIE Pilot - my favorite to wear since it is so comfortable - Also because when I wear it, my wife wears her Rebel Pilot with it :)

My Stormtrooper - Audience favorite
and a slightly modified one for the Kilted Trooper Brigade

My Rebel Pilot

My CobraTrooper

I also have a Rubies Deluxe Vader that I display on a mannequin (or loan to a friend when we REALLY need a Darth Vader at an event.... (the Rubies Vader is not 501st approvable, but sometimes we make an exception for non-canon events like Free Comic Book Day)

Some variations for the Kilted Trooper Brigade
Last edited by tkjimbo on Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author of the book Lost Boys of the Bronx: The Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang

tkjimbo
Citizen

Post by tkjimbo » Mon May 20, 2013 8:19 am

How many active classic Cylons are out there? I have been going to various NY to Philly cons for a few years now, and have not seen any in person... Some of my Star Wars friends are huge BSG fans, but they either do Colonial Pilots or new BSG stuff (which I have never watched so dont know anything about)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 20, 2013 9:35 am

Welcome James to the board, and that is a cool collection of costumes you have. Has your Krop suit arrived yet? You will quickly notice that many of the suits here have a different look ver the Krop. Enjoy the build, and glad you found us.

tkjimbo
Citizen

Post by tkjimbo » Mon May 20, 2013 10:00 am

Thanks GC - Just ordered it last week, so I have a little over a month to suffer, I mean wait... :) I did a bit of research before committing, and realized the Krop isn't perfectly BSG78 screen accurate, but after considering everything involved (price, ease of getting and having good recommendations from friends), I decided to go with it... Plus, my jaw dropped when I saw it on video/pix (and still when I go back to look at it)

(By the way, my TIE Pilot is screen accurate, but every SW troop I get at least a handful of people who think I am Darth Vader LOL)

GoldCylon wrote:Welcome James to the board, and that is a cool collection of costumes you have. Has your Krop suit arrived yet? You will quickly notice that many of the suits here have a different look ver the Krop. Enjoy the build, and glad you found us.

tkjimbo
Citizen

Post by tkjimbo » Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 am

Quick question about the forums... (I didnt want to open a new topic, so figured I'd add here)

In the Centurion Builders' Forum, you guys have two announcements that caught my attention
Cylon Centurion Parts List - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40 - Last updated 2006
Intro to building a Cylon - viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15 - Last updated 2005

Were there attachments in those threads? Maybe links to places that have disappeared? They seem to be referencing stuff that would be really useful to me at this beginning point of my build...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon May 20, 2013 5:38 pm

I think neither thread you noted was ever completed... (no missing attachments).

As for the first link - the spirit of that lives here: http://www.cylonempire.com/centurion.html

For the second, that was something GoldCylon thought he'd do up as a tutorial for a full build (I think). You could probably follow any of the build threads in the forum and get the same type of tips and tricks.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

tkjimbo
Citizen

Post by tkjimbo » Mon May 20, 2013 9:00 pm

I found that cylonempire page which was really helpful...

Gotcha on those threads... We've got a few of those over on the 501st boards too :)
Cylon-Knight wrote:I think neither thread you noted was ever completed... (no missing attachments).

As for the first link - the spirit of that lives here: http://www.cylonempire.com/centurion.html

For the second, that was something GoldCylon thought he'd do up as a tutorial for a full build (I think). You could probably follow any of the build threads in the forum and get the same type of tips and tricks.

Flyboy
Raider Gunner

Post by Flyboy » Tue May 21, 2013 1:01 pm

Hello and Welcome James :D I am too and active member of the 501st. I like your cobra trooper uniform its very cool! :D

Reaper63
Patrol Member

Post by Reaper63 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:10 pm

JIMBO!!!

Hey Brotha!!! Looking forward to shooting you down :) or building a Colonial/Cylon combo Spaceship with ya!
Reaper
Strike Captain Edan
Blackstar Squadron

Return to “Say Hi”