Greetings from Idaho

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Jace76
Citizen

Greetings from Idaho

Post by Jace76 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 am

Hello all. A Portland, Oregon transplant finding himself in the suburbs of Boise, here, looking for a little reference in building a TOS Centurion. Been lurking for awhile and decided to register and finally say hi properly. After a long bout of personal difficulties , I'm in a place where I can start thinking about building a set of armor. Great community you guys have here. Very resourceful as well.

Thanks for having me!

-j
Last edited by Jace76 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Greetings from Idaho

Post by Red Eye » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Welcome aboard the Basestar, Jace76!

If you looking for info on all things classic Cylon, THIS is the place!

Post often and enjoy.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:30 pm

Hello Jace76! Glad you have you join up - Welcome, welcome!!

Looking forward to watching and learning from your up coming build. Keep us posted please.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 pm

Hey Jace welcome. Have you had any other projects you have worked on before? Love to hear about some or see photos of your past work if any. Glad you signed up.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:58 pm

Welcome!

Jace76
Citizen

Post by Jace76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:10 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Hey Jace welcome. Have you had any other projects you have worked on before? Love to hear about some or see photos of your past work if any. Glad you signed up.
Thanks all, for the welcome
I haven't really done anything in years, but but I did join up with the 501st over a decade ago and founded the Imperial Gunnery Corps detachment back in the day and served as it's first detachment leader, as well as built a Biker Scout outfit I used to troop in, in addition to my Gunner. Years ago, I created a pretty convincing Wicket the Ewok costume for my eldest son who was 6 at the time (he's going on 15 now...LOL) as well as a couple cool Jaws outfits (all three of which have been long sold). I tried my hand at a custom Mando ages ago but wasn't happy with it.

I did an American McGee version Alice and Hatter for my daughter and I a couple years back for a local Con (believe it or not, there is ONE annual pop-culture based con here in the Boise area...LOL), as well as Alex the Droogie from A Clockwork Orange. A bad thing is I've always been really poor about documenting/photographing my builds and losing old thumb drives, etc. with costume/trooping pics. I swear I'll get better at this and will make an effort to document my Cylon or any other builds I start on this year ;)

After some personal setbacks over the past couple years, I have a few projects I'm working on or would like to at least start this year or next are:

* TOS Cylon Centurion (materials gathering stage & working on layout for undersuit)
* Lancer status Biker Scout upgrade (planning phase)
* 1:1 NSD Doctor Who Dalek (currently working on dome)
* 1:1 Bioshock Big Daddy - inspired by Volpin's (currently working on drill accessory first & materials gathering/planning stage for the rest)
* 1:1 Godzilla suit - early Heisei series (pipe dream at this point)

Even though I doubt there are any other Cylons in my area and won't be much opportunity for trooping, I'd really like to make the Centurion build my priority, purely because I love the esthetics of it so much:)

A little more about me... I love collecting SW Kotobukiya statues, my wife and I collect Japanese pachinko machines and I am currently managing editor of a geek online mag DarlingDork.com, started by my wife, and currently have about a dozen staff writers. We both really miss Portland, but are trying to carve out a living here in SW Idaho over the past few years, in spite of the difference in culture and population...LOL. Hobbies such as these listed above are what keep me sane ;)

Thanks again for having me!

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Welcome aboard :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Return to “Say Hi”