Manual and Vocoder settings, etc.???!!!!

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
EMS Vocoder 5000
Patrol Leader

Manual and Vocoder settings, etc.???!!!!

Post by EMS Vocoder 5000 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:54 am

GoldCylon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 02:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
"OK I have the original manual in front of me that Peter Berkos used to make the Cylon voice with. This is going to make some happy, and others not, but I hope that with the answer now intact what was used, that now the method he used to make the voice can be cracked open. I'll scan the manual when I get the old scanner hooked up to the PC. Peter also send an 8 X 10 photo of the Colonial Movers ship, I have never seen before, maybe he took it.

Ok the manual that is only 7 pages long, but gives great detail on how to operated it, but doesn't say what to do to make the Cylon voice. Maybe as I chat with Peter he might recall some of the steps he using the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM 201 to make the Cylon voice."

OK, "GoldCylon" how soon to you put the manual online and get the vocoder settings, etc. from Mr. Peter Berkos???!!!!

The Cylon Vocoder is an EMS Vocoder!!! Also possibly used was the Marshall 5002 Time-Modulator!! Was an electric saxophone used with or instead of an unknown synthesizer or electric/electronic keyboard??

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:09 am

I haven't scanned it, because the manual is already scanned, and nothing new is in the book. No notes or setting to help recreate the Cylon voice.
Chrisd has posted a link to a scanned manual in the past, so I don't see a reason to scan the manual now.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:51 pm

I posted a complete interview with Peter Berkos about his career, and his time at Universal. This might help a little bit, but take a look.
http://byyourcommand.net/blog/

C1-978
Patrol Leader

Post by C1-978 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:05 pm

Awesome interview! I enjoyed reading that very much. Thanks for posting that Dale!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:09 pm

Your welcome, glad I was able to find him, just wish I was able to get some more of the Cylon voice answers, but over all I was glad I was able to talk with him.

VoiceEncoder
Spare Parts

Listen to this EMS Vocoder 2000 impression...

Post by VoiceEncoder » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 pm

the closest I've EVER heard!!! Definitely sounds like it's the EMS Vocoder 2000 to me, and NOT the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201!!! :cylongold: :cylon: :byyourcommand:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Manual and Vocoder settings, etc.???!!!!

Post by Red Eye » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Wow! :wtf:

Damn close indeed.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Manual and Vocoder settings, etc.???!!!!

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm

I have heard better, and have posted better, but it is a great sounding Cylon. No doubt about that, but the best ever? Not in my book.
Red Eye wrote:Wow! :wtf:

Damn close indeed.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”