Screen used cockpit from Space Above and Beyond

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
GoldCylon
Founder

Screen used cockpit from Space Above and Beyond

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:26 pm

I recently bought a screen used Hammerhead cockpit from the 1995/1996 Fox TV network Space: Above and Beyond. For those that haven't seen the show before it took place in 2063, and Earth is well traveled in space now. These 10 cockpits (That I counted) have been unseen since the production shut down after just a single season. I bought a back ground version, it lacks all the detail of a hero (close up version) with out all the lights, buttons, and switches. Don't get me wrong it is striped down, but more like a basic version over the Cadillac. The cool thing about this unit it was geared up to trick it out, so everything is all set up, via plastic cut outs are in place. Just buying all of these older (12 years) lights, switches, and buttons will be harder to find. I found a few things already, and didn't find everything needed and spent $60 on one panel (unfinished) already. The cockpit has 13 panel section. Well take a look at the photo gallery. http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/SAAB?page=1
I took a lot of photos of some of the other cockpits to have reference on what I needed to do. The fully decked cockpits aren't mine.
ImageImage

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:48 am

Space: Above And Beyond was GREAT tv show! Although, I'm not sure what you need with a cockpit. Enjoy it and let us know when you have a full blown Hammerhead ready to launch!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:38 am

Here is one thing I don't really get, why the production of the first episode was filmed in Australia then everything was moved to the US, that took up a large portion of a boat, and cost at least half if not one complete episode in production cost to cover the shipping of the sets, props, and the granddaddy the full sized Hammerhead.
Not sure what I will do with the cockpit myself, except restore it for now. It fits in the garage just fine with my truck still inside also.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:29 am

I was contacted yesterday about using my cockpit for a film production. I think it would be cool to see it on film again. Still working out details, but a web site for the movie has been launched.
http://www.starwatchthemovie.com/
I'll update as I here more.

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”