Cylon stunt pistol on eBay

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Cylon stunt pistol on eBay

Post by Red Eye » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:54 pm

A supposedly screen-used stunt version of the Cylon pistol from "Galactica 1980" was for sale on eBay.

Sadly, the auction was ended prematurely, so I didn't have any chance on getting some informations from the seller if it's a genuine screen-used item nor bidding on it. :sad:

Nevertheless, here's the link for the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT

Note to Cylon-Knight or GoldCylon: You may use the images for the Cylon pistol-folder in the gallery, they're quite good...

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Cylon stunt pistol on eBay

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:31 pm

AH! Good to know. I'll grab the images tonight - can't get to eBay from work.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Got em ;)

You can tell that is no here, for sure... missing the white tip.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:55 am

Not sure why the seller looks like he is in Chicago, but isn't listing it in the US, and to tell the truth it doesn't look 100% like a studio made pistol. I'd have seen see better close up photos to validate it as real or not. Not screen used, but made as a back up at best.

vedek bareil
Centurion

Post by vedek bareil » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:16 am

it was listed in the U.S., the link for the auction provided in the first post was a link from the German side of ebay.
Seller must have chosen to ship worldwide which is why it showed up on ebay Germany. (.de)

I did contact the seller and he did say it came from Galactica and was a stunt version.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 pm

vedek bareil wrote:it was listed in the U.S., the link for the auction provided in the first post was a link from the German side of ebay.
Seller must have chosen to ship worldwide which is why it showed up on ebay Germany. (.de)

I did contact the seller and he did say it came from Galactica and was a stunt version.
Yeah, Red Eye is in Germany... SOLVED :) Good work vedek bareil

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Looked too clean for a used stunt gun
Goldcylon@cox.net

knightlife
Centurion

Post by knightlife » Mon May 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Actually, it looks like it was the real thing to me. I have a few of these, and the dude's description of their consistency sounds right. Dale has one I sent him a while back. I'm in no way vouching for the Germany guy, but you could literally drive a semi over one of these things, and they still wouldn't look like a stunt gun. Here's a photo of one of mine. I added the tip, because like that German guy's gun, none of mine had the tip.

Hence, the tip run I'm doing.
Attachments
Cylonpistol.jpg

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Mon May 10, 2010 11:38 pm

knightlife wrote:Actually, it looks like it was the real thing to me. I have a few of these, and the dude's description of their consistency sounds right. Dale has one I sent him a while back. I'm in no way vouching for the Germany guy, but you could literally drive a semi over one of these things, and they still wouldn't look like a stunt gun. Here's a photo of one of mine. I added the tip, because like that German guy's gun, none of mine had the tip.

Ii have one of these as well. I dont have one of those great holsters. Looks like Dales
Goldcylon@cox.net

knightlife
Centurion

Post by knightlife » Tue May 11, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, I gave Dale one of the pistols. I don't remember if I gave him a holster or not. It's been a while.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Tue May 11, 2010 1:44 am

knightlife wrote:Actually, it looks like it was the real thing to me. I have a few of these, and the dude's description of their consistency sounds right. Dale has one I sent him a while back. I'm in no way vouching for the Germany guy, but you could literally drive a semi over one of these things, and they still wouldn't look like a stunt gun. Here's a photo of one of mine. I added the tip, because like that German guy's gun, none of mine had the tip.

Great Cylon pistol and holster you've done there, knightlife! And welcome to the board, by the way. :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

knightlife
Centurion

Post by knightlife » Tue May 11, 2010 2:30 am

Thanks for the welcome. I've been a member since 2008, but with 8 posts, you can tell I'm not here often. Both the blaster and the holster are original, I only added the tip, which I plan on improving on with the new run of tips and daggers.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Tue May 11, 2010 4:13 am

How about posting a few additional pics of the holster and the pistol?

I bet everybody here likes to see them...

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue May 11, 2010 5:11 am

My holster was a cross over from the Buck Rogers movie, and TV series used by the Draconian's, and then cut and used as a Cylon holster for "The Return of Starbuck" I still have the piece that was cut off and removed.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:19 am

GoldCylon wrote:My holster was a cross over from the Buck Rogers movie, and TV series used by the Draconian's, and then cut and used as a Cylon holster for "The Return of Starbuck" I still have the piece that was cut off and removed.

Ive asked before but any chance of geting a recreation of that holster for my pistol with strob action. Cy needs a side arm. :cylongold: :mrgreen:
Last edited by goldcylon1 on Thu May 13, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldcylon@cox.net

Return to “Classic Battlestar Props and Costumes”