G&M (Cylon) Battery belts found

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: G&M (Cylon) Battery belts found

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 am

OK to move it, the guy hasn't replied back since his vacation about 6-7 months ago. I'll still try, but this looks like it is dead at this time.

waltdiesel
Spare Parts

Post by waltdiesel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:03 pm

Im interested if he ever gets back to you.

thanks

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:05 pm

I am under the impression that he is 100% shut down and gone, and can't even give a nod back he is closed. He just let email, after email go unanswered. The web page he owns is still up, and lost his house were he worked out of.

jclayman99
Raider Commander

Post by jclayman99 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Yes indeed he is gone and out of business
If "they" say it can't be done, it just means "they" cant do it.
JCLAY

DougMorency
Patrol Member

Post by DougMorency » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:42 am

jclayman99 wrote:Yes indeed he is gone and out of business

here is a place in New York that I just found.

http://www.cine60ny.com/

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:03 pm

That is a cool link, but the problem is that the Cine 60 is smaller, one less battery compartment, and closer together. It works, and the boxes rub together unless the belt is always in the worn position. Mean you can't lay it out flat on the table to work on it out removing every other box. They will pop off or rub the chrome finish of the surface. Nice find thou.

DougMorency
Patrol Member

Post by DougMorency » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:53 pm

GoldCylon wrote:That is a cool link, but the problem is that the Cine 60 is smaller, one less battery compartment, and closer together. It works, and the boxes rub together unless the belt is always in the worn position. Mean you can't lay it out flat on the table to work on it out removing every other box. They will pop off or rub the chrome finish of the surface. Nice find thou.
Would it be possible to get measurments of the leather pocket covering the battery, it may be possible to build a buck, and strech the leather over it and put a loop that will slide over a normal belt, that way each pocket coult hold 4 AA NICAD/Lithium Batteries or 9Volt batteries to power all the goodies for the Cylon.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:25 am

I'll try to get a few measurements tomorrow.

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:25 am

It's pleather vinyl. Only the belt strap is real leather.

Die human!!!

Jace76
Citizen

Post by Jace76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:39 am

I know this thread is hella old, so I'm sorry if I seem like a child walking into the middle of a movie asking questions...LOL, but I just came across these guys who are in Santa Monica
http://www.powhouse.com/company.htm
and are supposed be a subsidiary of GM and claim to be able to provide the same belts that were used in TOSBSG back in the day. I'm assuming this isn't the guy that you were initially negotiating that from from a few years ago. Before I email them, has anyone already worked with Powerhouse and know if they are able to offer just a shell?
-J

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:14 am

Yes he is the "G" of G&M. Someone went by his house, and it had been reposed.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 am

GoldCylon wrote:Yes he is the "G" of G&M. Someone went by his house, and it had been reposed.
Yikes :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Jace76
Citizen

Post by Jace76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:03 pm

So if his house was repossessed, that's no bueno :( but doesn't mean he's not still able to produce some parts, necessarily. It's not too hard to fall behind on a mortgage these days, but that doesn't mean that Mr. Benokiva is bankrupt. I did call the (310) number today, that's listed both there and on the gmpowerproducts.com site and hopefully I'll hear back. I did get a text message shortly after I left a message saying that he was in a meeting. It would nice if I could at least score a shell or two and not necessarily all of the electronics inside, as I could easily add my own :)

Has anyone just bought a shell before? If so, what did you pay?
-J

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I had about 6 or 7 email exchanges to purchase 10 belts. The last time he replied was 3 years ago when he was on a cruise ship. He said he was going to have details on the cost that we talked about about 10 days later. He hasn't t replied to 3-4 emails since.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Jace76
Citizen

Post by Jace76 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Oh, that's a bummer man :ugh:
Well, I would think that the dude would be interested in making some sales, but obviously he doesn't rely on this for income. Still though...it would be nice to have access to the actual belts, but if this dude doesn't come through, which it appears he will not at this point (even after being contacted for a ten belt order by yourself), then perhaps making myself a 1:1 reproduction of the shell is in order based on some of the dimensions I just wrote down from your "Battery Belt 001" video.

The only measurements I would need would be the dimensions of the Control Unit and the dimensions of the Battery Cell Boxes, including the 'lip' on them. I think if I try this, I'll use heavy pebble-grain vinyl faux-leather. I know Skullbeast was talking about putting a working together around this time last year, which I'm sure is/was beautiful, but it's just hard for me personally, to justify $350-$400 when although I'm not very handy on the electronics end of things, I'm pretty confident with my modelling skills I can at least get the aesthetics down ;)
-J
Attachments
battery boxes.jpg

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”