G&M (Cylon) Battery belts found

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

G&M (Cylon) Battery belts found

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:48 am

The ever elusive G&M battery belts have been found. I tracked down the original owner and have exchanged emails about the belt, and he has agreed to make some belt cases. They would be the leather shell only, with out the electronics. Price as of this moment isn't known, but I had to put in a request for 5 belts for the order to have something to work with. I hope later today to have a cost break down, and if this a big hit people tossing their hands in asking to have one I'll bump the amount up to maybe 10 or more.
I'll keep everyone on the loop on when I hear something back. :cylongold:
:byyourcommand:

Darth Clayton
Raider Pilot

Re: G&M (Cylon) Battery belts found

Post by Darth Clayton » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:42 am

SWEET!! :cylon:
Jeff

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:49 am

NICE. I hope the price is not sky high.... maybe a group order and he could lower it some?
Any chance of seeing a pic of the "new" next to an "original" ?

Thanks for working on this GoldCylon! :) A Belt and a scanner are really my last items to gather (and fabrics for my under suit, but I have scouted them a bit).
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 pm

OK interest count needed to move onto the next step of seeing how many will be made. I would like to give a solid answer on a count on how many are needed in 1 week. So if anyone wants a belt speak up now. I'll order extras, but will be listing them at a higher price than ordering now. Place your interest order now to get the count up for the best price possible.

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:18 pm

Count me in.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:20 pm

OK that is the spirit, 1 to the pile of what I will be ordering.

Darth Clayton
Raider Pilot

Post by Darth Clayton » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Do we know the price? :?
Jeff

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 pm

I am interested - IF - the price is right. As Darth Clayton said... is there any guess cost?
And ordering something that isn't even made... dunno. No prototype to see what we are actually going to get?

I know a "real" G&M battery belt is $200... right? So nothing near that will be worth it, could just get a "real" one then.

Hope it is a dead-ringer and affordable too! (I still gots to get chromed! :))
Let us know when you can please! THANK YOU
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 am

I can't quote any prices till I have a count on how many are going to be order/made. It is the chicken and the egg deal. Since there isn't any batteries or electronics involved the price should be about $150-$200 is my guess. This is a guess only on my part. I came to this price since a current modern day version runs about $350. As for photos, no the belts haven't been made in years, but if they are making the same belt as years ago the only thing different would be the camera using to take the photo. Nothing else new to report.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Count me in as interested although I think for $200 I can come up with something pretty close myself. If the price is good then I am sure I can speak on behalf of 3 other friends that they too would be interested.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:21 pm

I received and email back just telling me that the price rate will be worked on this week, and I'll have a quote as soon as possible. I replied back asking to bump up the quote for 10 in case a few guys decide to take advantage of the offer.

Darth Clayton
Raider Pilot

Post by Darth Clayton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:02 pm

How does it compare size wise to the G&M belt? I've never seen one personally that is why I am asking.
Jeff

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Darth Clayton wrote:How does it compare size wise to the G&M belt? I've never seen one personally that is why I am asking.
This is a real G&M battery belt just like the Cylons used, made by the same person that made them back in 78 using the same molds, and other materials. There isn't one thing different about these at all, except they are made today, and not 32 years ago. They are empty void of any electronics to make it a functional battery belt, but you can install the batteries if you want it to have power.

Darth Clayton
Raider Pilot

Post by Darth Clayton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:28 pm

GoldCylon wrote:
Darth Clayton wrote:How does it compare size wise to the G&M belt? I've never seen one personally that is why I am asking.
This is a real G&M battery belt just like the Cylons used, made by the same person that made them back in 78 using the same molds, and other materials. There isn't one thing different about these at all, except they are made today, and not 32 years ago. They are empty void of any electronics to make it a functional battery belt, but you can install the batteries if you want it to have power.
Sweet.. Well depending on price I might be in as well.. ;)
Jeff

silver surfer
Citizen

Post by silver surfer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Im in.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”