HI from the uk.( Sussex)

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Soulsearcher
Citizen

HI from the uk.( Sussex)

Post by Soulsearcher » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi guys, well a little about me. My names Paul, I'm 42 yrs young and live in the uk with my other half Karen and our four German Shepherds. Been into costuming for a few yrs now having owned two predator costumes, one of which I totally designed myself and took a few yrs to complete.I am an active member of a uk based charity forum who some of you may know. I love all things sci fi and was bought up watching the original series of BSG, and afterwards go out with my mates a reinacting it in our own way, needless to say I was always the Cylon, they ROCK!! now I have the chance to wear a Cylon costume for real and raise money for charity while having a ton of fun! Having the chance to buy a Cylon costume from a good friend which I gotta say is beyond awesome, I couldn't say no, I'd have been a real idiot to do so, he has spent a hell of a lot of money and time on his project and I am proud to be able to own this amazing costume! Well enough of my waffle, I hope to make new friends here, post tons, and have fun doing so, so with that all I need to say now is................ BY YOUR COMMAND!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: HI from the uk.( Sussex)

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Welcome! Glad you've joined up. Post often and enjoy. Put up some pics of your Pred costume... sounds GREAT! Would love to see how it was constructed.

Did you get nashslash's (Gary's) suit?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:37 am

Hey glad your here, and can't wait to see some of this Cylon guy your talking about, and well that Predator with be a neat trick also.

Soulsearcher
Citizen

Post by Soulsearcher » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:06 am

Thanks for the warm welcome cylon-knight,gold cylon,very much appreciated! Getting a Cylon finally is a dream come true for me and finding this site is awesome, all things cylon! As a kid I was in awe of those menacing chromed machines that spoke with a chilling tone and that evil red eye sent shivers down my spine, lol. Here in the uk there isn't many of us yet, but hopefully thats going to change with the new series of Caprica now showing on our tv's, hopefully bringing a new generation of Cylon's to the ever growing ranks ( world domination, well convention domination first me thinks) I Know Nashlash as he is a member of the charity group I'm also a member of and I saw is first Cylon last year at Earls Court in London and got to admit I was totally blown away with seeing it for real, and having seen his latest Cylon creation, well he has got a real talent for building these guys and yes I have been given a fantastic oppourtunity to buy him! ( Thanks Gary, he'll have a geat home and future with me, already got a place of honour in my front room for him buddy! ). I've had a read through some of the topics on the forum and I'm in awe of the standard of work and the time you guys put into your Cylons, amazing, completely amazing!!!! I know I am buying a Cylon ready made, but saying that in the near future I hope that I can start on a gold Cylon and your help guys would be much appreciated and invaluble to me as a new member! I hope you don't mind but I have added a photo of my Predator costume that I designed myself and also wore at Earls Court last year, and I had the amazing chance to meet Kenny baker (R2D2) and even got a photo with him too! With that I'm looking to get to know you all and to finally make my dream come true, A CYLON!!!

FRED THE PRED.......

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:53 am

Welcome aboard from me as well, Soulsearcher!

Your Predator costume looks pretty nice... very detailed work you've done there!
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:44 am

Oh my soulsearcher
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:31 am

Oh man now my list of things I need, not want, but need just got longer. That Predator dude rocks. He will look awesome next to RoboCop....LoL.

Glad you were able to get a Cylon the old fashion way, take it...haha...well hold it you did buy it, but now earning the stripes of building one will be the bomb, but hey I know you can do it from just looking at the creature above, well below street level kind of guy in the Predator II series. You have what it takes to be a Cylon, now whip some more UK buddies in line to join forces with you so we can take of the Colonials with a massive Cylon Empire.

:byyourcommand:

sean
Flight Leader

Post by sean » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 pm

welcome aboard. soulsearcher that predator is awesome to the end.man!cool...hope to see all your stuff.and again welcome and have fun......

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey soulsearcher, Welcome aboard. Im glad to see Nash's suit has fallen into the right hands. And your Predator Rocks dude! :salute: Ive got the same plan as you, I bought my first cylon, but the second one will be gold and made by me. This is a wonderful sight with great people and lots of info.

Return to “Say Hi”