Vulpa Six

This is a help forum to build your classic series props and costumes.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Vulpa Six

Post by Red Eye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:06 pm

I was thinking about a full-sized, wearable version of the helmet of Vulpa Six for quite a while now...

For all who aren't familiar with this character please follow this link: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Vulpa_Six

I do believe I've metioned him in some other thread before, but not certain which one... nevertheless, I think the design for him were very well executed consindering they've used details from both the concept version done by Ralph McQuarrie and the actual Cylon helmet we all know and love to combine everything in this kind of great looking helmet.

Here's a little comparison I've put together, in which you can clearly see which parts of both helmet-versions were used to create Vulpa Six:

Also interesting to see is that Vulpa Six, besides being a Command Centurion, does have a simple chrome-plated armor like a standard Centurion instead of having the typical gold/copper paint scheme. I also do like the idea of the blue eye scanner...

I surely will keep you updated on this one-of-a-kind-project, once and if it will become reality in the near future...

Here are some additional scans I've done from the Realm Press-comics as well...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Vulpa Six

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:34 pm

Wow, I never heard of Vulpa Six... very nice. An interesting character. It seems from the scans that his mouth lights up when he talks - a red box? Sort of like first season K.I.T.T. in Knight Rider.

That would be a great physical prop. Do you think you'd build a wearable helmet, or more of a display only bust?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm

I've thought of a wearable helmet.

Good point with the flashing red light... I thought it would be a static one...

I think it could be done using an ordinary Centurion-helmet as base model... I'll ask my Leader mask-pal about it soon... :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:50 pm

That is awesome. I love that design, and a new concept to me. :byyourcommand:

Reaper63
Patrol Member

Post by Reaper63 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 am

Very nice design, I think it'll look good as a variation in the Cylon Ranks
Reaper
Strike Captain Edan