(Diamond select) razor raider

The models you built, and studio scaled miniatures
cylon75
Phalanx Member

(Diamond select) razor raider

Post by cylon75 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:00 am

I no its not something i built, but its a nice addition to any collection and i picked it up on eBay for only $50 and you cant go wrong there. The biggest thing that i noticed on it is that it has the tos cannons on it under the razor style guns that you see right off the bat. I did do some very miner detail painting here and there but it looks great wright out of the box. And it looks nice next to the one i built myself out of a revel kit.

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Re: (Diamond select) razor raider

Post by cylon75 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Me being me i have to change things when i see something that's needs to be fixed ,and i found a couple thing on my razor raider that i wanted to change. Mainly the guns and the vents on the wings (On top and bottom).Check out the 1st posted pics in this thread and than look at theses.Now that looks so much better.

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 am

:cylon: For those that are slow..(namely me here)...is the RAZOR Raider a model KIt that is common or at least easily findable and affordable? :cylon:

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:00 am

tejanovader wrote::cylon: For those that are slow..(namely me here)...is the RAZOR Raider a model KIt that is common or at least easily findable and affordable? :cylon:
The $50 i paid for this is the cheapest i have seen this ever.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 am

That Raider is WOW cylon75... looks like it is ready to start filming with. Every bit as good as a "studio's ship"

WOW :shock:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:That Raider is WOW cylon75... looks like it is ready to start filming with. Every bit as good as a "studio's ship"

WOW :shock:
Is Cylon75 going to make a movie? I love the old school filming method of a real model. CG rocks, but nothing beats a model in your hand, over a pile of code.

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:27 pm

Is that a model "KIT" or a statue made by a company?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:42 pm

The one on the left is one that cylon75 built himself from a "standard" Raider model kit - it is a custom build.
The one on the right is a Razor kit he got it eBay.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:14 pm

:cylon: Ok...I am looking on Ebay. The only thing I see is a raider "Statue" which looks pre-assembled. It it is a kit, I would love to buy it. Please help me if I am looking up the wrong thing. Thanks in advance. :cylon:

BruceAdama
Citizen

Post by BruceAdama » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:14 am

It is not a kit... the Diamond Select Raider is pre-assembled, but you have to mount it on the stand. I mean, maybe you have to attach wings and stuff, but it's not a model kit in the sense that you need glue and model paint and the like. But aye, it does look incredible.

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 am

tejanovader wrote::cylon: Ok...I am looking on Ebay. The only thing I see is a raider "Statue" which looks pre-assembled. It it is a kit, I would love to buy it. Please help me if I am looking up the wrong thing. Thanks in advance. :cylon:
I got it a while ago and i haven't seen them on there in a while either, every once in a while they show up so keep looking.be careful i have seen them for as much as $157 DONT buy that one he wants way more than its worth keep looking until you find one for under $80 .

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:58 am

:cylon: Well, it is an incredible item to be sure. Way above my stingy price range...ha haa!
I hope it comes out as a kit some day. It looks too differerent to simply modify an existing standard raider kit and do it justice (at least for me).

The one thing that does bother me about the kit is the spray painting around the panel edges. It looks too....."toy model crafty" and not so much "film ready" for me. Just my humble two cents.

However, given the availability of funds, I think it would be worth the purchase. :cylon:

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:27 pm

tejanovader wrote::cylon: Well, it is an incredible item to be sure. Way above my stingy price range...ha haa!
I hope it comes out as a kit some day. It looks too differerent to simply modify an existing standard raider kit and do it justice (at least for me).

The one thing that does bother me about the kit is the spray painting around the panel edges. It looks too....."toy model crafty" and not so much "film ready" for me. Just my humble two cents.

However, given the availability of funds, I think it would be worth the purchase. :cylon:
Bad azz models is releasing this as a model some time soon ,not sure of a price.

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks for the FYI! I can hardly wait for that!

tejanovader
Phalanx Leader

Post by tejanovader » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:34 am

:cylon: Question: Is the paint job intended to make a sort of "camoflauge" paint scheme, or is it intened to bring out the texture of the metal? :cylon:

Return to “Models and Filming Miniatures”