Pylon ship(version 2)

The models you built, and studio scaled miniatures
cylon75
Phalanx Member

Pylon ship(version 2)

Post by cylon75 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi people i did another pylon ship out of the kits that i got and this one I'm very happy with I did some small modes( basically raised the spine 1/8" and used full size pylons) on it and a different paint job and it made all the difference in the world. This is closer to what it should look like when you buy yours and paint it. Remember this kit will be available for sale very soon on starship modeler.

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Pylon ship(version 2)

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 pm

What was your base for the canisters? Card board tubes?, old batteries? PVC pipe? Were the images you worked with good enough to get the correct lay out, or was this ship done on a wing, and prayer because so blurry in the back ground?

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:48 am

GoldCylon wrote:What was your base for the canisters? Card board tubes?, old batteries? PVC pipe? Were the images you worked with good enough to get the correct lay out, or was this ship done on a wing, and prayer because so blurry in the back ground?
The master for the ship was done in styrene than cast in resin.There is not a lot to go off of for this ship but i used these shots to do the build.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:55 am

cylon75 wrote:
GoldCylon wrote:What was your base for the canisters? Card board tubes?, old batteries? PVC pipe? Were the images you worked with good enough to get the correct lay out, or was this ship done on a wing, and prayer because so blurry in the back ground?
The master for the ship was done in styrene than cast in resin.There is not a lot to go off of for this ship but i used these shots to do the build.

OK this CGI is awesome detail. Is this from the studio, or a fan made piece?

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 pm

GoldCylon wrote:
cylon75 wrote:

OK this CGI is awesome detail. Is this from the studio, or a fan made piece?
I'm not sure but I'm 90% its a fan made for a game.

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:05 pm

This is now available for sale at Starship Modeler for $27.95 , click on link to buy. Thank you

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/ ... ct_ID=1691

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:13 pm

I haven't looked over there in a while. Plenty of new cool toys. Thanks. :nah:

Tinman
Fallen Centurion - R.I.P.

Post by Tinman » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:32 pm

cylon75 wrote:
GoldCylon wrote:Were the images you worked with good enough to get the correct lay out, or was this ship done on a wing, and prayer because so blurry in the back ground?
Several of thos pics came from my collection of BSG related items.

I found them online at some place I can't remember. Once set of the the textures and meshes were done by Coxxon. The one above am not sure who did it but it was used in one of the BSG video games that was put out recently. I believe that is the one C75 modeled his craft after and a very good job it was.

CONGRATS again C75 for getting your work "Published." :salute:

<S>!
TINMAN

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:32 pm

Now is C75 the original builder of the scratch build ship, and then cast of the copies for sale?

cylon75
Phalanx Member

Post by cylon75 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:58 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Now is C75 the original builder of the scratch build ship, and then cast of the copies for sale?
What happened is that i was doing a scratch build of the ship and had been posting the progress on a site and i got contacted by a caster that saw it and wanted to make a cast of the ship and than sell them, so we used my build as a master and i sent it to him, he casted it up and gave me a few kits, and i built them. Now i have my master to keep in case it needs to be cast again at some time .The caster also helped me with connections so i could get it sold at a major on line store. And as of yesterday it is now available for sale.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:01 pm

OK I get it. Congrats on the listing then, and the deal you worked out.

Return to “Models and Filming Miniatures”