Battlestar Galactica spin-off rumor with Dirk

Discussions about the new 2003 TV & Movie series.
GoldCylon
Founder

Battlestar Galactica spin-off rumor with Dirk

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:48 pm

Battlestar Galactica spin-off rumor

In case you hear about it on some random blog or forum, I thought I would bring attention to something that has the possibility of becoming a rumor. Slice of SciFi tackled it head on:

Rumor: I found a podcast called Sci-Fi Scoundrels and was listening to their episode 12 when they brought up the following story:

There would be a Battlestar Galactica spin off called "Battlefield Caprica" described as being a rag tag group of guerrillas in the midst of hit and run warfare with the cylons. Dirk Benedickt is supposed to star as "The Father" of the resistance. It is supposed to run on Friday nights on SCIFI in place of Stargate SG-1.

Answer: I have done some extensive researching through the web and some of my offline contacts and can find no indication of there being a new program called "Battlestar Caprica" under consideration by The SciFi Channel or any other studio at this time. This still doesn't necessarily mean it isn't being discussed on some level in the hallowed halls of studio minds, but there is nothing out there at present to validate the claims made by SciFi Scoundrels.

Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Return to “2003 Movie and TNS Series”