Better Cylon sight with myvu?

Fan films, sounds, art, wallpaper images - and more. A rag tag fleet of fun.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Better Cylon sight with myvu?

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 am

Okay, a comic com thread turned into seeing out from the costume, falling down stairs, etc. etc. SO as to not high jack the thread I've started this one on a topic I've been wondering about for a week or two...

http://www.myvu.com/

It is a set of glasses that you can watch a video on yet still have sight around the video (for airports, long car rides you are a passenger on, etc.). Another friend pointed this out to me and wondered if a webcam could be installed as the "input" rather than an iPod, etc. The thought, you wear the glasses and mount a web cam in the collar (maybe) of the back pack and you could have superior ability to see while wearing the costume.

What do you think? Crazy? Worth $100 bucks to try? It would be the closest thing to "my dream" of having a display in the helmet like Tony Stark in the recent IRON MAN movie.

Here is a picture of, I think, their cheapest model - still really nice - around $100-150. It seems pretty slim/small - could fit into a helmet with the scanner...???
Last edited by Cylon-Knight on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:45 pm

That is awesome for that price. It wasn't to long ago an item like that ran $10,000 so for a $100 your getting a deal.

Return to “Media - Video - Sound Clips -Music”