Alsa Chrome on sale

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Alsa Chrome on sale

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 am

This not the system I used when I used to do chroming, but I have used this system before. It is a great entry level chrome finish for someone on a budget, and has painting skills with clear coating. The method of of the chroming is very easy, but the clear coating isn't a easy task and you need to have more skills than painting a bedroom or two. The luster rate isn't as great as a true chromed finish, but more like a brushed look. Over all if you can't dish out the going rate of $1000 to $2000 to have a complete Cylon suit chromed this is a great alternative over just a can of spray paint.
http://campaign.constantcontact.com/ren ... 15dQ%3D%3D

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 am

Very cool GoldCylon - thanks for the info!

If you wanted a Command (Gold) Centurion, does the company sell a gold colored vesion?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:37 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:Very cool GoldCylon - thanks for the info!

If you wanted a Command (Gold) Centurion, does the company sell a gold colored vesion?
I haven't seen a tint available for it, but I never asked. Contact Alsa and ask them what tinting do they have for it. That also might work as the clear coat needed if they offer a tint.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”