Cylon under suit rough sketch outline

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Cylon under suit rough sketch outline

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Here is the top section of the Cylon undersuit. I laid out the top section of the under suit, and then drew a outline of it. The left side is the back side of the suit, and then the right side is the front. Just mirror image the side to complete both front and back. The measurements aren't posted because it is built to fit you. The patch sizes are also scaled down in most cases depending on your body size. This was worn by a large actor that stood at least 6'4, and up to 6'8 in height, so scale it to your size. The ribbing in the neck is draw as if a front view, and the back side needs to be open to have a zipper up the center from top to bottom feed.
full image link below
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/C ... BSG?full=1

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:10 pm

The same photo but with a little paint added to help out some of the harder to see areas.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:41 pm

That, GoldCylon, is 9,000% AWESOME!
Everyone, a round of applause for our most helpful Admin!!!

Thank you!

On the hood, should it zip up/or go around your chin too? If someone looks up your neck they shouldn't see any skin on the bottom of the jaw, correct?

I've saved the image and now have to sucker someone into sewing one for me! *evil grin* :twisted:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:51 pm

When the hood is on the correct way the only thing you should see is the round of your face. If rides up the chin also.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Now this one is very tricky. It is the chest, and pants combo. The leg upper section folds out side ways, was in the way to draw it out correctly, so do note that the upper leg section is wider than your ankles. I only drew in the right leg, not the left, and the cent section hanging down is the piece that when zipped up would ride between your shoulder blades, but was hanging down when laid out flat.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:45 pm

What is the part with the 40 on it? I thought I had it figured out, but it's late and I'm not reading it quite right I think. That part has me confused.

But I still love the pattern! Thanks for posting it - WONDERFUL!

***EDIT - I think I get it now - that 40 is the center of the back where the zipper goes***

New question: Should there be zippers up/down the legs too? I think I see some in other undersuits from various Cylon images around the internet.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Nice work you did there, Dale!

Now, all I can really hope now is that my undersuit will be finished this year... I'm waiting over two years for it now... :cry:

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”