Cylon Repairs

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
nashslash
Flight Leader

Cylon Repairs

Post by nashslash » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:26 pm

I just done a test paint with the new chrome paint i bought.
Paint and primer.
Paint primer and styrine card ready to paint
Card with primer on it
Building the layers of chrome paint on the card
Finished card after painting

As this was just a test paint i just done this outside and never preped the surface or anything. I also had a few flys come for a taste.

How good is the paint?
A true chrome finish it is not, its not like looking into a mirror or anywhere near as good as chrome. The finish is a very highly refletive silver. The paint is particles of aluminium. good enought for a cylon service. YES. I am going to repair my cylon shortly using this paint. I will post some update pictures as the servies goes along.

www.battlefield-online.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 pm

A suggestion, seems a odd if you think about it, but use black primer. Also a high gloss black paint. The chrome paint thrives off the reflection the black gloss offers. Also you can but online a bit more of a true chrome paint, but only a bit more of luster to it over the paint you can buy over the counter. Now the hard part id when you buy the more pricey chrome paints they need a clear coat, and these are tricky to paint. Unless your a above average painter you might be disappointed in the results of the clear coat to chrome.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Very nice work! Thanks for the photos.

Do you have any of the finished card reflecting an object? I'd be interested to see how clear the reflections are vs. chrome plate.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”