FYI from another forum... BENTLEY.

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
mckenic
Patrol Member

FYI from another forum... BENTLEY.

Post by mckenic » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Hey folks!

Long time no post :)

Up the walls with Uni - finished my undergraduate (got a 1st!!!) and enrolled in PostGrad Music Technology so things are REALLY busy :)

Below is a link to another forum I visit where members are looking to build a case against a prop-maker who has ripped some folks off...

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/s ... hp?t=29372

Im not sure if this breaks the T & Cs here so please feel free to delete this Dale...

Just thought it might be good if some folks here hadnt seen it...

Dave

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Hey Dave Congrats on school man, and I think what I need to make is a rant and rave section, but it is cool you posted in here.

mckenic
Patrol Member

Post by mckenic » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:38 pm

Thanks Dale!!!

Good to chat with you - hope to be more active on the board form now on!

Dave

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Your welcome, and I opened up an other section in the forum.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:14 pm

mckenic, hi!

I have read about The Dented Helmet... the Fetts rock... the link you posted is locked unless your a member. Could you please cut & paste the basic info from it if you have the time?

Thanks
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

mckenic
Patrol Member

Post by mckenic » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:33 pm

Hey man!

Sorry about that - they changed the way the forum works in the last few weeks...

You have a Private Message - I dont know if Dale wants that info posted here so I sent it by PM :)

Hope this is cool...

Dave

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Post away Dave

mckenic
Patrol Member

Post by mckenic » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:52 pm

:wink:

Thanks Dale!

Ive not had any dealings with this chap and can not attest to the accuracy of any claims made. Saying that Ive been ripped off twice this year and it looks like its happening again to me on something else, on top of that a seller I trust sent me stuff that never got here. Thats 4 times this year Im out money for a hobby - money I cant afford to miss as a student! It puts my stress levels WAY up... Ive seen a lot of angry people post about this chap and now I can sympathize so here you go:

---

From The Dented Helmet member Alcfalath:

Hey all,

This is a cross post from the 501st Terror Australis Garrison Forums...

Troops,

Usually we are not allowed to mention armour suppliers names on the forums however I have run this past the CO and he has given the green light. I have received a formal request from Queensland Police Detectives to ask for any members or non-members to contact them in relation to Bentley O'TOOLE.

The following is an excerpt from Detective Chad LONERGAN's e-mail to me this morning:-

"I have seen a forum for the 501st where a lot of people have had bad dealings with O

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 pm

I have seen that name before. Probably on the RPF?

Ah yes, I remember now. Australian culprit.

Quote form RPF
The final time was actually a local; I won a completed Rocketeer helmet off a guy named Bentley O'Toole on the Gold Coast for US$400.00. Never got it, never responded to my e-mails and my phone calls were fobbed off. He's no longer trading on eBay, and I've since learned from some local costumers that he owes them stuff too. I've been trying to get his contact details so I can mount a claim in the Small Claims Tribunal with others, but that hasn't happened yet (mostly due to some fallings out with friends of friends; all rather political, annoying and complicated).
But I'm pretty sure his name has popped up on multiple prop fora. Warnings about these con men are always welcome!

Briz_Cylon
Spare Parts

Post by Briz_Cylon » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Glad to the this notice posted here.

I am also a member of the 501st, and this notice is posted in as many forums possible.

I was lucky enough to actually get the shoulder bells I ordered from this guy, but not after weeks of emails etc.

This guy has ripped of so many, including a store for a completed master chief outfit....which he failed to deliver.

Please note, all of us here in Australia are not scum like this "tool".

Cheers

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:18 pm

I have one Online buddy in Australia and one in Tasmania, so no worries...

:lol:

Return to “Anything Off Topic”