So it begins...

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Astarith

So it begins...

Post by Astarith » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:34 pm

Greetings everyone,

So I plan to construct a first costume, this can be quite a task but thanks to some of the pioneers in the fandom it can hopefully be done. I've reviewed the parts listing, a lot of the references to where and when things become available and sometimes who may be good to ask.

What I ask is the assistance of others, I would like to start on this first project on the right foot...not literally, that will probably be the helmet but more so just by taking the steps to ask now for the help of anyone who has some inner info to the building of this unique costume.

Starting with the base kit, formed from plastic fiberglass, any of these would be a good start. If you have such kits available please send me a message and some idea of the reimbursable cost to you for them.

Further I know the bodysuit has become an item of higher interest as a nice one can really set the Cylon costume off from the normal plane look. Many have mentioned it best to have it made custom locally, and have expressed the difficulties in it as patterns aren't commercially available. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated, if you know who is best to contact please inform me.

The FX kits, I have seen several setups now and all of them show great promise. The LED versions With diffuser look very nice and give a bit of the original tracing afterglow that many covet with this armor. If anyone has, produces, or simply knows where best to acquire this item please let me know.

For the voice simulator, I have read many threads and done some research. According to a few of them it seems the item used can be somewhat pricey. If a averaged cost version that gives a nice quality result is viable or available from someone on the forum, please contact me.

Every warrior needs his weapons and the resin recasts from some of the more commercialized sites run 300+ for none functioning no FX base casts which seems rather ridiculous. The rifle and pistol are not that complex a device to begin with, though adding a good FX kit to it and sound would really set these apart from the norm. PM me or e-mail if you know or have these, I would be grateful.

Well I think that's it to start, once I have a basic warrior complete I'll hopefully move onto my bigger goal of one of the concept sketch heavy warriors or unique Cylon personalities. Thanks to everyone ahead of time for the current information here already and the devotion to keeping this historic stories least honored characters operational.

-Peter

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:20 am

Hey Peter welcome on board, and you do have your work cut out for (time frame wise) if your going to go for broke and make a true 1:1 Cylon costume. ChrisD is the only member so far that made that true 1:1 screen used accurate journey. It took him 2 years once he made that choice. Most of that time was labor of love, and the under suit. Building up the pocket book also to cover the cost chroming the formed pieces.
C.O.R.A. is the only one I will refer to to purchase a vacuformed Cylon suit as a member on on here. Bentley O'Toole not a member here had his fingers in here via an other member isn't welcome to sell his suits here anymore.
Not a easy task to acquire a few parts, but you can, and will if you search out over a period of time. The hockey gloves, and boots are always popping up now and then on eBay, but a almost daily search for maybe months on end. The skirt 80'sKid sells, but not cheap, but worth it. I am not sure if Joe has a user name on here to purchase the weapons but he is the only one that sells a accurate rifle, and pistol. Ask ChrisD about the sword. The eye scanner is a work in progress that some people want a true 1:1 light bulb screen accurate while others thing the LED is good enough. Search the photo gallery section and a small movie is posted with a true light bulb next to a LED scanner a easy side by side view difference .

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”