Hello guys

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Hello guys

Post by Starbuck » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Hello!
My name is J.B. I am an electronics engineer here in Kentucky.
I am 34 years old. I have an '82 Knight Rider Trans Am K.I.T.T. replica.
I too, love the original Battlestar Galactica series and have wished to have a cylon costume. I wouldn't want to spend the money to have an original but came to this site in search of anyone who could 'hook me up"
with a costume. It seems from the research I'm doing that no one is really building and selling them yet, just fans trying to replicate them
in order to have a piece of your childhood dreams. I have done that by making my replica K.I.T.T. with parts that are available from several companies and individuals across the world. I am sure their would be copyright infringement and other issues involved in getting something like that done, much the same me and my friends have worried about in building or replicas. But several people have been successful at making add on parts such as the front nose, dash, switch pods, front scanning light, and overhead console that will "bolt up" and turn an '82 thru '87 T/A into a K.I.T.T. replica. Hopefully, someone will be able to do the same with the cylon centerion. I purchased my dash as a fiberglass shell
and built all L.E.D. displays and electronic circuits in my K.I.T.T. replica
from scratch. I would love to help the members of this site by contributing in any way that I can, especially in reproducing the "red eye"
scanning light and the cylon sound.
Thanks again and am looking forward to discussions with you guys
--Later ...-J.B.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:41 pm

Welcome on board JB. Hope that you have fun sifting through the wealth of knowledge that Dale (and others) have contributed here.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:21 am

Hey Starbuck welcome on board. An other KITT car builder is on this board, and he goes by CORA. He is a great source of information on the car, he works on his car now and then upgrading it. His car has been in a few studio productions, but isn't a screen used car. I am a friend designing at original style Cylon eye scanner, but funds aren't liquid enough at this time for me to have the boards made. It isn't cheap for these boards because of the curved design of the board to fit the helmet. Anyway I hope we can help out with your quest on the Cylon build up.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:26 pm

Welcome aboard J.B.! Knight Rider...yup, another good tv show. You just gotta love K.I.T.T. That's pretty cool having your own K.I.T.T, but I gotta ask who does the oil changes? Not your local Jiffy Lube, I hope. :)

Return to “Say Hi”