Amok Time's new classic BSG 12" figures

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Amok Time's new classic BSG 12" figures

Post by Red Eye » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:56 pm

I thought the line was cancelled since Majestic Studios was going out of business.

So I'm very pleased that the line brought back by Amok Time with never-before released and fan-favourite figures of Commander Cain, Athena, Boomer, Colonel Tigh and Lucifer. Can't wait to get them!!!

Hope we'll see figures of the Imperious Leader and Baltar in the near future as well...

Does any of you have an idea what's behind the "improved" versions of the Cylon Centurion and Cylon Commander? An electronic eye-scanner with warble-sound and skirts would be cool... maybe I'll pick them both up again, because the Majestic versions really missed such features...

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:44 pm

I haven't been able to study the Cylon version I have to see what (it is full of it) details aren't correct. These toys are made up from what the sculptor can view from pictures, not a Cylon in person. So it will be full of inaccurate parts, and pieces. The over all basic design is clearly easy to spot from just about any distance, but close up inspection is an other issue. Over all I think the design is outstanding even for a toy mostly because it puts Cylons, and Galactica back on the front page.
Check out the photo gallery for more images.
http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/AmokTime
Note Starbuck has a stogy in his hand.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 pm

There are new informations and pictures available for the upcoming "improved" Cylon Centurion and Cylon Commander figures from Amok Time.

They just added the skirts to both figures and a so-called "improved chrome armor" but still no new electronic features like an eye scanner or sound... what a bummer! :cry:

Check out the link and see for yourselves:

http://www.amoktime.com/news_july2_08.asp

wampire
Spare Parts

Post by wampire » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Are these the same toys released a few years back from Tower Records here in the US? They look identical.

Harry

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:24 am

wampire wrote:Are these the same toys released a few years back from Tower Records here in the US? They look identical.

Harry
Same toys, different company. The old now defunct Majestic Studios line was picked up by these guys. Supposedly, their adding skirts to the re-release of the Cylon Centurions. Hopefully, they'll actually come to be. I can't wait to buy them all. You can pre-order them here...
http://timespacetoys.stores.yahoo.net/bagaclse.html

Last edited by Galactifan on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:57 pm

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:24 am

Not sure why, but it seems like a lot of company's that pick the Galactica line go bankrupt. Not a good sign at all.

SiR-ROUND

Post by SiR-ROUND » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:22 pm

Well, how many members does this forum have?

:lol:

Return to “1978 TV Series”