Knight Rider, The Hoff, Larsen, and Cylon Base return

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
GoldCylon
Founder

Knight Rider, The Hoff, Larsen, and Cylon Base return

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:31 am

Last night was a fun night on NBC. The return of Knight Rider made its way back to TV. David Hasselhoff even showed up in character as Micheal Knight. Glen Larsen was at the helm as the Ex Producer, and he brought back the Cylon out post base Camoray from "The Living Legend" Although the original building was slightly damaged in the 1994 earth quake, it had a heavy expansion when repaired. I don't have a screen cap of the scene, but it was when KITT showed up to save the day with the girl from the gun men early in the movie. The first photo below is the original building, with out the steps. This is the green area that Warriors parachuted down to. The expanded building now has the steps leading out into the lawn.
Below is a vintage 1989 satellite view, then a more current photo next to that.
ImageImage
Note the wooden railing , and then the original railing with the Cylon being lined up to be shot at by the parachuting Warriors.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:43 am

A few more photos from the Galactica filming.
Note the clapper sigh board date 11-9-78, while Living Legend aired 11-26-78.
Filming was truly under the gun time frame.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:20 am

That's pretty cool you spotted the building. I never knew about this one. As far as the new Knight Rider goes...it sucks as well as the Ford car. I'll stick to the original series and the only KITT...a Trans Am!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:11 pm

If the Trans Am was still made I would have loved to seen that, and I bet if $$$ wasn't a influence we might have see a Trans Am on screen, but we the viewers don't have any choices to make except view what they give us, or not. Over all I think with the original show being 25 years old, Larsen and the clan did a great job. I'll gladly watch it as long as it is a worthy show to watch. I also see it as the same name, but not the same show, so I am open to see everything tossed at me, as new and original. I hope they don't remake past episodes, unless they find new twist to introduce them.
I just wonder in Micheal Knight (The Hoff) will make more than a small glimpse showing now and then. Last nights appearance was cute, but not needed. They tossed the original fans a bone is all.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

Post by Starbuck » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:15 pm

I thought the new Knight Rider was "ok" but in my opinion, the new series that have been coming out like the new Battlestar, are modernized, pretty cool, but will never hold the same bearing in our hearts and minds. the computer generation is cool, they can show things not possible before and in more numbers, but they do not have the realism that the original shows did. for instance, in the episode you showed above, Gold cylon, It's just totally cool how the cylons react when they are shot by the parachuting warriors. HA HA ESPECIALLY the second one!! He just throws his arms out (along with his rifle) and falls strait back and is one of the most comical scenes I've ever seen on Battlestar. It is Hilariously funny, a perfect demise for such an unhuman enemy LOL!
No wonder they destroyed so many of those precious props.
But it was for a good reason, Excellent filmaking.
OOHH, if only the original series would have continued. And if only the new series would have played back into that reality.
Don't get me wrong, I find the new series riviting and I can't take my eyes offf it when it is on. I think it's the best drama I've ever seen on T.V., even surpassing the X-files and Law and Order.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu May 01, 2008 8:07 am

Semi older news, but NBC did pick up the new show as a series for the up coming new session. Lets see how it goes.

CoolCylon
Patrol Member

Post by CoolCylon » Mon May 12, 2008 6:43 pm

I guess Larsen like to keep close to places he has used in the past.
Group 3 Section 1, 7 and 2, 8 arm and attack Atlantia

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:03 pm

GREAT eye for detail, GoldCylon! Awesome seeing the two filming locations. Thank you for the pics!

Okay, I just joined and am learning more and more about Cylons and "Cylon making" each night reading PAGES of ByYourCommand.net... but I do know about Knight Rider!

Some Knight Rider highlights for my new Cylon friends:

-NBC Owns the TV rights to Knight Rider
-Glen A. Larson owns the movie rights to Knight Rider

NEW TV Show:
-NBC's TV Moive/backdoor pilot had NO input from Glen A. Larson. It was only based on his series, the original Knight Rider. (P.S. NBC's Knight Rider 2000 - with the red car - had no Larson input either, oops! it was a flop).
-The new show (again no Larson input) starts on September 24th 8/7c.
-A new "Attack K.I.T.T." was just shown at Comic Con... Kitt transforms from between different car modes much like the new Michael Bay Transformers (panels shifting around)
-NBC's show will be a huge Ford commercial, note the many "logo" shots on Kitt - of the Cobra logo, etc.
-No more Hoff. He had the "passing the torch" bit, and isn't slated for more. He would like to do more, if they ask him back.

MOTION PICTURE:
-Glen Larson has a script written for a major motion picture. Still trying to get a studio to support his ideas and not force their changes on his script/vision for the moive.
-No Trans Am will be used (past or future concept cars, etc.) GM/Pontiac has noted it doesn't want to suffer everyone wanting to buy a "Kitt" like in the 80s. (Don't you think that's a little silly for a company doing so bad to not want publicity!!!)
-No Camero either - the logical second if no Trans Am - The Transformers movies have that almost totally just for them from GM (as I understand).
-Probably no Hoff. Glen and David are in dissagreement on getting Knight Rider out the public. Glen - slow and "right." David - fast and make a few changes if the studio asks. So they are agreeing to disagree for now. I admire them both and hope they can both get back into the Knight Rider world together!!!

Hope this helps! Tried to sum up "the buzz" as quick as I could. Now, if we could only find a way to get a Cylon to drive around with Twiki in K.I.T.T. we'd have a BLOCKBUSTER HIT! :roll: haha
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

new renditions of our old favorite shows.

Post by Starbuck » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:37 pm

You may be interested in this Gold Cylon, I've heard through the grapevine that someone is working on making a new Big Screen AirWolf movie! :)
I visited the Airwolf.org site and viewed/signed their petition to make sure that if they make it, they remake the original helicopter (the original sadly was sold to a medivac company overseas and crashed into a mountain, killing all aboard including the little girl patient :cry: ).
I agree with most fans, it wouldn't be AirWolf unless it is AirWolf.
It has to look and sound just like the original with, of corse, some new bells and whistles/capabilities.
Universal supposedly is exploreing the option of making the new Airwolf movie with "a modern helicopter".
The Bell 430 is the modern version of the modified Bell 222, used in the show. The looks are almost identical, and AirWolf, certainly looks plent "Modern" to me, in fact, I still believe it is the most beautiful/aisthetic aircraft I have ever seen!
TOO BAD I can't afford an AirWolf replica to go in my backyard to go along with my '82 K.I,T.T. replica!

Return to “Anything Off Topic”