TAKARA DENJIN ZARBORGER SUIT

A place to share what you have made, or collect.
Darthvehement
Patrol Member

TAKARA DENJIN ZARBORGER SUIT

Post by Darthvehement » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:22 pm

This suit was released in 1999 by Takara company with their double 99 Cyborg figures.

I decided to customise the suit and scratch build a Cyborg head unit, then mount it on an old 12" Action Man figure, along with the suit.

For the modifications, I decided to make the backpack into a flame thrower, adding a gauge, valve and hose with flame gun.
(The valve is plastic tubing with cord painted silver, attached to a novelty pen shaped as a gun with applicator nozzles, drilled out for the barrel.
The gauge is a circlip with a divers' dial accessory, a brass washer and a sealant cap mounted above.)
I added cutting disc launchers to the arms, (super glue tubes with spheres.) with details etched using a soldering iron.
The chest power socket is a washer with plastic pipe and wire terminal.

I made a Japanese katana sword using a polished, cut down nail, bent to shape, with a grip washer hand guard and carved plastic handle mounted at the end. The scabbard harness is made with wire ties.
I also mounted spikes on the knuckles of the gloves and toes of the boots using brass pins.

Firstly, I began with painting the components of the suit, adding silver dry-brushing to the edges and frontal areas to simulate battle damage and red paint wear.
Black is also added to the recesses and any dents/scrapes and detailing, etc.

The Cyborg unit head is made from an old car radio switch with brass/ copper wire and metal foil circuit details and plastic detailing, red clear plastic lights using silver foil for reflection. Finally, painted with black and silver to complete.

Acrylic metallic gold is applied to weapons and armour spheres, the hilt cap of the sword and then clear gloss acrylic sealant to finish.

The figure and helmet are then mounted on the case base.
Attachments
3ef67d628f1c8d591b1012eed18b2095.jpg
1ec101ba3a1e7ccea53e5228ef198037.jpg
201543e7971864e9648a55d5f03a299c.jpg
74c5bcc14b50d40704307565c556e4e0.jpg
c1fe90d66a3f3e83fd5d6615ad9e6a8a.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: TAKARA DENJIN ZARBORGER SUIT

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 pm

Fantastic work! Love seeing all the photos and the info.
The weathering is spot on.
:loveit:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Darthvehement
Patrol Member

Re: TAKARA DENJIN ZARBORGER SUIT

Post by Darthvehement » Wed May 01, 2024 9:56 pm

Many thanks!
To be fair, I was surprised how well it turned out!
I was going to bin it originally, as it was very cheap and toylike! (Came as an accessory with the Cyborg
99 figure)

Return to “Show off you props, or models that you have built”