Command Centurion Cylon - Christina's build

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Christina
Centurion

Command Centurion Cylon - Christina's build

Post by Christina » Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:33 pm

Here is my build tread on my new Cylon, a Command Centurion.

Armour is Kropserkel and is his newest mods to the armour. I'm actually working with Scott to add the back armour and proper wrap around shin armour to his kits. So I'll be having those added very shortly.

The belt is custom made by myself to replicate an original belt as best I can.
The forms for the armour are wooded blocks screwed to a leather strip. Then covered in heat shink tubing and shunk to cover then the armour is attached with velcro.

Here it is finished with my Cylon Belt.

The undersuit is custom made by a local seamstress (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) using my Paarexcellence made Cylon suit as a base and photo reference we've come up with a replica suit.

Black gloss vinyl, cording for the ribbing.

The vinyl is applied over a neoprene fabric, glues around the edges then sew on.

Cording covered in vinyl then sewn into strips

Strips then sewn to the spandex

Strips sewn together to create rows.

And rows become rows and rows...

Arms and Torso sections ribbed Body suit sections cut to sew together..

Back of the overalls section.

Front view of the shirt and overalls together.

First fitting, disregard the boots, these are my Cylon boots, still working on the Gold version.
The buckles on the overalls will be moved to the back under the backpack.
Shoulders need to be taken in a bit they were too lose so they are pinned up.

Really quite beautiful how rich and deep the gold ism with the black undersuit it really pops!

As you can imagine this is a labour intense costume to make because off all the ribbing. The Labour breakdown for the Cylon suit is 47 hours by a very experienced seamstress, even then it was challenging for her. Yes its an expense suit.

The Backpack, I've added a plastic plate to cover the electronics, I found I would move the controls as I walked around so this protects the controls.

More to come in the weeks ahead as I finish this creation.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Command Centurion Cylon - Christina's build

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:47 pm

LOOKING GREAT! The new undersuit is perfect.
I kinda like the mixed up boots, ha. :)

Now your electronics are very interesting as I just gave up on my VT-3 the other night for an upcoming con. If you don't mind saying what microphone are you using? I was discouraged that my own speaking voice could be heard too much trying to figure out my own setup.

For now I'm trying to make a sound glove for the con in two week. HOPE it works. Just ordered parts tonight for it.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”