Hello from Lima, Ohio

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
rmassman
Citizen

Hello from Lima, Ohio

Post by rmassman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:28 pm

Greetings Centurions,

I am presently in the process of building my Centurion and look forward to meeting and trooping with my fellow Cylons. Finished the Helmet build and now awaiting the body armor kit.

rmassman
Citizen

Re: Hello from Lima, Ohio

Post by rmassman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:33 pm

Going to be adding parts as I finish them but it would really help me to find a tutorial or guide as I build them. Setting out on my Journey with the Kropserkle kit. I figured doing an initial helmet build would give me a good primer on what to expect. I guess I did the hardest part first?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:33 pm

Looking good, Centurion!
Are you going to put chrome tape over the central helmet seam?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:48 pm

I binge watched the entire classic series for that answer it it looks like that seam is pretty pronounced. So I may leave it. Really not sure but I want to be as lineage, accurate and faithful to the series as possible. I know that there is history of it being used however I could not see it in the original television format resolution. I used a very small segment on the nose bridge. But I'm leaning towards leaving the mohawk alone.

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:50 pm

My current build tucked away in the helmet bag. Image

Flerndip
Centurion

Post by Flerndip » Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:32 pm

Very cool! I feel like on the show they used the chrome tape in many cases and not all. When I had my helmet made by DHPFX on Etsy, it came without any chrome tape on the mohawk seam despite their product shots showing the tape on it and I inquired about it and was told that the seam came out nicely and so it was deemed unneeded. I would like to know how to get a cleaner polish on the chrome though. Otherwise I might add my own to cover up what looks like flecks of adhesive munge.
Attachments
iap_640x640.png

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:29 pm

I just shudder at the idea of applying something that I can never remove or replace. Smarter to leave it off if it's unnecessary. Found this out during the painting of the sails. Wish this chrome had a bit more bite to the abs material. I have used Novus #1 with success. I don't think there is a way to polish a chrome coating as opposed to straight abs or pvc plastic. I know what your saying. I've got some imperfections on mine where the most severe bend is at the mohawk and eyes. It most likely is from the heat of the vacu-form process. It's not going to come out. I did cut a strip of tape that will do on the front of the mohawk but I'm a little leary of applying it since it's a one way trip on there.

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:18 pm

So I got the testicular fortitude to give it a go. Kinda regretting it now. The product is not a perfect match. It literally looks like Tape on a Helmet.

rmassman
Citizen

Post by rmassman » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:20 pm

Are there any other Cylons or Colonials in Ohio?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:34 pm

Hello and welcome on board the Cylon Baseship. Congrats on your build. Also love the vintage Tektronix scope. :cylongold:

Jmvgreek1
Patrol Leader

Post by Jmvgreek1 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:01 pm

welcome aboard,
I am in Norwood Ohio which is in Cincinnati Ohio i have a cylon civilian outfit and colonial warrior outfits and good luck with your build of your outfit

Return to “Say Hi”