The extended Scene 11 (Living Legend part 2)

Prepared in honor of the 40th anniversary of the 1978 Universal sci-fi series. These transcripts are intended as a research aid for those studying the classic series.

Moderator: Specter

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

The extended Scene 11 (Living Legend part 2)

Post by Specter » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Happy Galactica Day! This isn't exactly a transcript, but since it's an excerpt from a script I thought I'd post it in the Transcripts subforum.

The script for Part 2 of "The Living Legend" reveals that the first scene with Baltar and Lucifer back on the base ship (after the fiasco of an attack on the Galactica) was originally much longer than what was seen in the final cut. Here's how the scene reads, with the unused lines in blue and the punctuation somewhat altered for legibility.

Note that the script had the scene played in the throne room instead of the command chamber, although the throne room set was struck before the time of shooting.

INSIDE THE THRONE ROOM

LUCIFER
Baltar…

(Baltar turns around to face him.)

BALTAR (angrily)
What is it?

LUCIFER
We must talk.

BALTAR
Not now.

LUCIFER
But time is of the essence. I’m sorry your victory didn’t work out quite the way you had planned…

BALTAR
Get out of here!

LUCIFER
Baltar, even the Imperious Leader in one of his most difficult moods could hardly blame you for running from two battlestars.

BALTAR
I did not run. I executed a tactical retreat, you imbecile!

LUCIFER
There’s no reason to be abusive. You forget, I am on your side. I have placed my fate in your hands. My rise to a position of supremacy over my fellow I.L. series is completely dependent on your success. Or lack thereof.

BALTAR
Spare me the felgercarb. What is the latest intelligence… as if I should put any faith in scanners that cannot predict the presence of two battlestars rather than one?

LUCIFER
It is the consensus of the Commanders aboard the two supporting base ships that we should call for help from the planet Gomoray at once.

BALTAR
Oh, it is?

LUCIFER
It does seem a prudent idea. Had you something else in mind?

BALTAR
I somehow find the idea of some base commander on Gomoray taking credit for destroying the Galactica slightly annoying… since we’ve come this far and are now poised for the kill.

LUCIFER
We did not do so well in battle this day.

BALTAR
We were taken by surprise… thanks to your so-called “Intelligence Reports.” How many squadrons are based on Gomoray, or is the Cylon strength in the area also a mystery to you?

LUCIFER
My, we are in a bad mood. No, I can tell you precisely what we can expect in the way of support from Gomoray. Four full squadrons, the equivalent of a base ship.

BALTAR
In other words, we have the firepower of four base ships at our disposal?

LUCIFER
That is correct.

BALTAR
All right. Prepare for a new attack.

"Eternal perfection and order is the goal of the Cylon Empire."
- Group Leader Cyrus

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: The extended Scene 11 (Living Legend part 2)

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:46 pm

:loveit:

So interesting to see how the show evolves from the page to the screen... to eternity! :wink: :cylon:
I could hear them talking in my head, love it. Lucifer's focus on everyone's mood and his rise to power, awesome.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Transcripts”