Howdy from Mike in Canada.

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Frakmaster
Spare Parts

Howdy from Mike in Canada.

Post by Frakmaster » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:43 am

First of all thank you for bringing me into the fold, i came upon this site and spent the better part of a night. Just reading and reading all this amazing info and insight you all have into the actual Cylon costumes. I am surprised i did not wake everyone up here with all my comments of, No way really" as i studied your advice. As to the advice you all have given to new builders down to the detailed technical info finally i too can hope to have a cylon with your help? My name is Michael ( Frakmaster) Mangold, i live in Calgary, Alberta. Canada which is just north of the Montana line. I'm 43 grew up on BSG and too fell in love with the Cylon's every aspect. The voice the look it's still on my top list, I am a one who like thing's the way they should be so i hope i can look to you all for support in bringing a Cylon to Calgary.
All the best to all Michael :D

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:15 pm

Hey Micheal
Welcome on board here. this is the place to answer most, if not all your Cylon questions. Not a real busy board here, but we have some fun here also. Great that your a die hard original fan from the day. Hope to hear what you have done so far, or if you have started, or even own a Cylon. Many answers are still needed, mostly in the sound (voice) department, but we aren't sure if we will ever get to the 100% bottom of Mr Peter Berkos work on the Cylon voice. Many other aspects of the Cylon are talked about also.
Dale

Frakmaster
Spare Parts

Post by Frakmaster » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:38 pm

Hi Dale,
Real nice to meet you and thank you for this amazing site, it bring's all us chrome toaster love'n folks together in one sweet place. I know you made your dream happen with the real deal a screen used which to me is the be all end all of perfection. No matter the flaws or detail you just can't better the real thing lucky man. I went and seen the cylon ride at Universal way back then even have the magazine and the post card of the cylon from it. I honestly just did not know where to start where to look where to find this site has solved years of questions in one place. I am aiming for a mannequin clad cylon for display only. My interests beyond a personal toaster with attitude are Gerry Anderson puppets and scratch building the vehicles to star trek Voyager been collecting all the orig. costumes of the cast now down to two to go. I have a passion for set design and shape thus the cylons had me the look the sound even the raider was a hot design.
I hope not to be of a bother with questions but i know with all your help my dream will come true.
all the best from Mike

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:21 am

Glad to help, hope you enjoy the Battle of Galactica (BOG)section, becoming the largest viewed web site for original Cylon information, and BOG. Glad to try to answer anything I can. Now this magazine you mentioned, that I would like to see. Have any scans you can make and email me.

Return to “Say Hi”