YAR! (* Yet Another Reboot)

PLEASE READ - Important info about the forum.
137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

YAR! (* Yet Another Reboot)

Post by 137th Gebirg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:38 pm

ALCON:

Here we go again! A new BSG reboot is being proposed by Mr. Robot producer Sam Esmail for distribution on yet another new streaming service - NBCU. Looks like it will take its cues from RDM's NuBSG, rather than TOS. I am hopeful, but like with so many other previous attempts at reboots across the decades, I'll believe it when I see it.

I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

Re: YAR! (* Yet Another Reboot)

Post by Croft2014 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Lets hope it doesn't go forward; it just doesn't need to happen. If they have to do it then make it a direct sequel to the 1978-79 series.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Sadly, the article (and others I've found on the subject) specifically mention that this will be more like RDM's version than Larson's. I've also heard elsewhere that RDM apparently "gave his blessings" for this project, FWIW. Still too early to tell, though.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

bishopdonmiguel
Phalanx Leader

Post by bishopdonmiguel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:41 pm

I think you can count on it being based in the RDM universe. It’s designed to draw an audience willing to pay for streaming content from NBC’s new thing. That’s an RDM audience not GAL.

Most of us old farts won’t pay for Peacock. I have Amazon Prime streaming but only because I like to order from Amazon. I’d not pay a penny for streaming. I don’t have Netflix or Hulu or CBS and have no plans to pay for Disney or Apple services. If it’s not on my basic cable or OTA, I don’t watch until if/when it is available on Netflix’s DVD service. Lots of things never show up there though so some stuff I just do without. No big loss.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Remaking a remake!?
:gary:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:13 am

Since it was supposed to be up and running in April for the premiere of the new network and I have yet to heard a word since the announcement I doubt it can make that April air date.

I also believe now it is going to be a crossover type of new show from Larson and Moore. The setting is and the look and feel of the Moore version (sets, costumes, and CG) but the Larson mythology storyline.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:04 pm

That sounds interesting. I always personally preferred the TOS concept over the NuBSG version, but RDM’s version definitely had higher production value that the original severely needed. This could be the best of both.

Of course, like with all the other attempts that came before, I’ll believe it when I see it. This project seems to be perpetually cursed for some odd reason. A few weeks or a month of heavy hype and then pffft!

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

Post by Croft2014 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:52 am

I still haven't managed to get all the way through the Moore version; too humourless and grim.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:42 pm

Recently a new head writer was put into place. He is also given the status of producer. That is movement to make this happen, but the preasure from Peacock to make this happen. Once they have 8 approved scripts the serious part of this will kick into gear. They presention style, original style or a new type of Cylon. Pre attack, after attack, or like Caprica (series) before the war. I am aware of more inside track information but I would like to hear a few more things before inflating the ballon anymore of information. Just like what happened with Tom DeSanto they were days away from starting filming and it shut down. So lets see what happens as time allows. :cylongold:

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Glad to hear it hasn’t been left to squander again. Thank you for the update! :salute:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:32 pm

You are welcome 137th, and yes if it wasn't for the reports of activity I might have written this off but it is still kicking. :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:21 pm

I hope this does happen, but seems many projects loose steam and fizzle out. :(
I read this morning that Disney has "talked" about a TRON 3... another that I hopes can get out of development and onto the screen.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:47 pm

Funny you mention that, Tron 3 was recently cited a few days ago as being once again underway, apparently with Jared Leto. Like BSG, though, I’ll believe it when we start seeing the casting call sheets get leaked online. :)

Sadly, in the current CV19 environment, there are even less guarantees (if that’s even possible) now than there were before it all happened for projects like these. That’s why I’m thinking only animation will really thrive for the next couple of years, as all resources can be done in isolation, without the need for location filming and having a lot of people huddled closely in one place together.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:25 pm

Agreed. It could propel animation to become more than typically seen and thought of as "a kids' show" by the masses.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:16 pm

Return to “Updates / Upgrades & Announcements”