Cylon Rifle

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Cylon Rifle

Post by Silver-Cylon » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Hi Folks,
i am looking to pick the collective brain again, i have recently paid a friend to 3D print me a Rifle, it took 8 full days of printing to finish it in parts, is there a tutorial on how to add light and sounds to the rifle? or does anyone know how to do it, i have limited knowledge of electronics but i am happy to give it a go and i am quite good with a soldering iron, so if you can help or point me in the right direction i would very much appreciate it.

Ian ... :cylon:

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Re: Cylon Rifle

Post by Silver-Cylon » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:38 am

OK i thought i would share the final product with you now that it is finished and just needs assembly, i have placed the parts next to each other the best i can to get the over all look, I have to say that i am very impressed with the work my friend has done to get this all finished, i look forward to putting it all together. the result of 8 full days or 192 hours printing :frack:

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:30 am

:loveit: that is a lovely looking rifle, do you have an stl file for that?
Of you need specialty electronics try Jupiter electronics, he has a shop on ebay as well as his own site.
He did my electronics for my Poe dameron rifle that I still have to put together.
Christian is his name and he is really helpful with any request that you may have.
There will be minimal soldering with his gear.
He also does the cylon eye scanners as well, got mine from him too.
Hope that would help.
Let me know how it goes. :salute:
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:44 am

Soda Can wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:30 am
:loveit: that is a lovely looking rifle, do you have an stl file for that?
Of you need specialty electronics try Jupiter electronics, he has a shop on ebay as well as his own site.
He did my electronics for my Poe dameron rifle that I still have to put together.
Christian is his name and he is really helpful with any request that you may have.
There will be minimal soldering with his gear.
He also does the cylon eye scanners as well, got mine from him too.
Hope that would help.
Let me know how it goes. :salute:
Thank you for the heads up i will go give that a look over, as for the STL's my mate got them from Thinggiverse Here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2482245

Its really sturdy but he printed it on the highest level so that i wouldn't have much sanding and flash to remove, i just need to assemble it, so looking for a good glue to use that will give the best results.

Thank you once again for the Info, it's much appreciated.

Ian ...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Looking great! Wonderful detail on the 3D model.

As for lights. There is a proper sequence of lights down the barrel to the tip. However, it only lasts a second or two. If you want accurate, yes, you'll need some custom electronics done. There are a couple of members here that might make a set if Jupiter doesn't pan out you could reach out to them.

Another option would be more of a single light within the barrel and/or tip. That you can pull the trigger to turn on and keep on till you let go. Much more photo-friendly to ensure it's illuminated when the camera snaps a pic. You might be able to repurpose a flashlight or something and set up the system on your own.

Looking forward to seeing the next step. Awesome stuff!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”