#20: Spaceball

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.

What does everyone think of "20: Spaceball"?

Excellent ****
No votes
Very Good ***1/2
No votes
Good ***
33%
Mediocre **1/2
No votes
Average **
No votes
Poor *1/2
33%
Awful *
33%

Total votes: 3

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

#20: Spaceball

Post by Croft2014 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:44 am

The Earthbound Galactica children get caught up helping a failing little league baseball team from going under. Meanwhile Xavier (previously played by the late Richard Lynch) has taken on the outward appearance of Viper pilot Lt. Nash (the late Jeremy Brett) and he has sabotaged Troy and Illon's Viper, so they are stranded. The dastardly dude has also threatened to kill the children.

Brett is worth seeing as he affects an odd accent and glowers menacingly whilst watching a bunch of precocious kids whip a bunch of obnoxious brats at baseball.

Yawnsville; about as bad as Battlestar: Galactica ever got. This is so far from the first season in terms of what audience expectations were. At the time of initial broadcast I couldn't believe what I was seeing (I was only 12)

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Re: #20: Spaceball

Post by johnnybear » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm

I think the channel I was watching put this one on in a strange order! Paul Koslo's one armed vet with the abnormally large gut was quite funny and was Xavier to be played by anyone after this instead of Richard Lynch? Alan Miller's last appearance of Colonel Sydell too!
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”