#8: The Living Legend, Parts 1&2

Discussions about the 1978 TV & Movie series.

What does everyone think of “#8: The Living Legend"?

Excellent ****
100%
Very Good ***1/2
No votes
Good ***
No votes
Average **1/2
No votes
Mediocre **
No votes
Poor *1/2
No votes
Awful *
No votes

Total votes: 6

Croft2014
Raider Pilot

#8: The Living Legend, Parts 1&2

Post by Croft2014 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm

One of the best adventures; this was a big deal back in '78. I can remember the raid on Gamoray being terribly exciting and the final battle where Baltar realises that there are two Battlestars is excellent.

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Re: #8: The Living Legend, Parts 1&2

Post by johnnybear » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 am

And the only episode where Baltar wears a Cylon helmet! Strangely enough Thames TV showed this two parter last in their BSG run (although as Mission:Galactica and not Living Legend) watching it after Hand of god if you ignore Sheba turning up as Cain's daughter and not having already been on the Galactica, you could say that Baltar had been rescued by Lucifer and were after the Galactica once more! I was never happy that we lost the scene from MG:TCA where a Cylon speaks with The Imperious Leader about Gamoray in Living Legend either! :huh:
JB

oneofbaltarsfewfans
Citizen

Post by oneofbaltarsfewfans » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:20 pm

I think these are my favorite episodes. (War of the Gods 1&2 are in a very very close race for my favorites.)
The characters were rich, and played by competent actors.
And of course, I love the little bit of a difference we see in Baltar. He is getting so close to his goal he can taste it. He can almost see his throne, and time and again he is outwitted. Only this time, I think we see him slipping further and further into almost insanity. (I mean, you would have to be slightly insane anyway to do what he did to begin with.) But I think in these episodes, he is more reckless. He is not the calculating villian we are used too. He is almost desperate.
"Now perhaps you see why the Imperious Leader put me in command."

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:48 am

Baltar had the tyrant's thought processes! He helped the Cylon's annihilate humanity in return for his colony to be spared! What planet that was we never find out but the Cylon's betray him and his colony's fate is left to our imagination! Later he seems quite happy just to have a seat on the Cylon council and be claimed as Cylon's greatest military leader! But his real fate is left unknown due to the show not being renewed in 1979 but I think he's on an ice planet with a few blankets and a small building for safety and survival and enough food for say two yahrens and that short range communicator waiting for Lucifer and the Cylon rescue ship that never arrived! :lol:
JB

Specter
Raider Pilot
Location: Quadrant Alpha, 19,000,000 sectars by Epsilon vector 22

Post by Specter » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Just noticed the rather gaudy big red and yellow stripes across the Colonial parachutes. Not exactly the best design for nighttime commando operations... sort of works against the black suits, y'know? :bsglol:

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:17 am

Maybe they were a little too proud of their twelve colonies?
JB

Return to “1978 TV Series”