Commerical TV spot for movie

Fan films, sounds, art, wallpaper images - and more. A rag tag fleet of fun.
GoldCylon
Founder

Commerical TV spot for movie

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:34 am

I recently sent my 16mm film reel into a conversion company. I paid them to copy and convert the reel into an HD version on DVD. Well it showed up, and it works, but it isn't on a standard DVD format. I am trying to figure out how to convert it over. The file is to large to post on YouTube. This file is a 30 second clip for TV advertising the release of Battlestar Galactica in theaters in Sensurround that Peter Berkos made. For those that don't know Sensurround it a audio play back of deep base, like blaster fire, or Vipers launching. Those select sounds would come out of separate speakers that were in the back of the theater.
Last edited by GoldCylon on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Re: Commerical TV spot for movie

Post by Scott » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:29 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I recently sent my 16mm film reel into a conversion company. I paid them to copy and convert the reel into an HD version on DVD. Well it showed up, and it works, but it isn't on a standard DVD format. I am trying to figure out how to convert it over. The file is to large to post on YouTube. This file is a 30 second clip for TV advertising the release of Battlestar Galactica in theaters in Sensurround that Peter Berkos made. For those that don't know Sensurround it a audio play back of deep base, like blaster fire, or Vipers launching. Those select sounds would come out of separate speakers that were in the back of the theater.

Hey, could I get the name of the company you used? I have a 16mm reel of Galactica trailers too. I think it's 3 30 second tv spots for the theatrical release. I've never watched them due to no access to a 16 mm projector. Like you, I'd love to get them transfered by a reputable company. Thanks!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:10 pm

I talked with Brad at help@videoconversionexperts.com They did a great job with the restore of the color, but didn't clean up the frames as well as I had hoped they would

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:50 pm

I posted this small clip.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:10 pm

Hey thanks for the info! Does your trailer have the Ted Cassidy sounding voice for the Imperious Leader?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:20 pm

I am not sure who Ted Cassidy is, but it is a deeper sounding voice. Not the English voice of Patrick Macnees.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:02 am

Cassidy played Lurch in The Addams Family tv series in the 60's. He had a very deep voice and did alot of voice work, including the narration heard at the beginning of every episode of The Incredible Hulk. I don't know if the original voice is his, but it does reminded me of him somewhat.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:18 am

I did a little research after the last posting to see who Ted was, and yes I did read he was part of The Adams Family, and Hulk. The voice I heard on the film clip I would have to say no it isn't Ted, unless they lighted up the tone of his voice. This narration is much lighter in tone.

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:16 am

That's the way I thought it might be him too, only if his voice was altered a bit. He did alot of work for Universal around that time. I have a 2 minute Sensurround trailer on video, and it's cool with the minor differences found such as the leaders voice, different FX shots, or different sound effects than what was seen in the finished product.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:31 am

This bit of video I have spends about 10 - 15 secs on the Daggit more than any other focused point on the video. It shows Vipers launching, and Cylon Raiders departing the Basestar and then attacking the Galactica. All stock footage, just the narration is new to me. If it is Ted, the voice sure was filtered or altered a lot. I am not saying it isn't Ted, but if you have a clip of his other work I could compare them.
Your 2 minute version, is that a file that can be sent out, or downloaded some place?

Scott
Raider Gunner

Post by Scott » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:13 pm

GoldCylon wrote:This bit of video I have spends about 10 - 15 secs on the Daggit more than any other focused point on the video. It shows Vipers launching, and Cylon Raiders departing the Basestar and then attacking the Galactica. All stock footage, just the narration is new to me. If it is Ted, the voice sure was filtered or altered a lot. I am not saying it isn't Ted, but if you have a clip of his other work I could compare them.
Your 2 minute version, is that a file that can be sent out, or downloaded some place?
I made an error, the trailer I have isn't 2 minutes long....it's approx. 3 minutes and 40 seconds. It includes one FX shot that I don't recall from the original broadcast of the series. It is of two Viper's fleeing (Apollo and Zac come to mind) and one Raider blows the Viper up as all 6 ships fly towards the camera. Another change is the line reading of the sctor who grabs Apollo on Caprica and shoves him "What were you doing boy!", Then various laser blasts are different, you can hear bullet sound FX as everyone escapes across the bridge undernearth Carrillon. That's all I can think of at the moment. All I have of Cassidy's work off the top of my head would be from The Incredible Hulk. You seem to have good luck at finding rare Galactica material. How about the segment that aired on Good Morning America the day after the pilot's broadcast? It was about the making of the effects, etc. Ever seen that? I only have a copy on audio tape, would love the see the thing again. Sorry, my computer is not capable of handling the input of video, or I would get some clips up for you.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:57 pm

I have seen some of those clips your talking about, but they were from the DVD released in 03.
I haven't seen the or remember some of the clips like Cassey, but the other ones I do.
It would be great to hear, or even see the Good Morning America clip, or better yet see the film footage. Also I wouldn't mind see the Micheal Douglas show, or Dina Shore. Those were the popular day time shows back then.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:43 am

Scott wrote:I have a 16mm reel of Galactica trailers too. I think it's 3 30 second tv spots for the theatrical release. I've never watched them due to no access to a 16 mm projector. Like you, I'd love to get them transfered by a reputable company. Thanks!!
Scott, let me know if you want me to transfer your 16mm trailer over to DVD free of charge. I have all of the appropriate equipment.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:54 am

Galactifan wrote:
Scott, let me know if you want me to transfer your 16mm trailer over to DVD free of charge. I have all of the appropriate equipment.
Oh man, Galactifan where were you when I sent mine in to be transfered.
How good is your edit equipment. This film was all red, but they did the color recovery, but didn't clean up the frames as well as I thought. I am going though one frame at a time to clean it up. 900 frames total, and about 20 minutes each frame is what it taking to clean up. PS I am cleaning up each frame with Microsoft Paint, so gives you an idea of the sticks and stones I am working with.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:10 pm

GoldCylon wrote:
Galactifan wrote:
Oh man, Galactifan where were you when I sent mine in to be transfered.
How good is your edit equipment. This film was all red, but they did the color recovery, but didn't clean up the frames as well as I thought. I am going though one frame at a time to clean it up. 900 frames total, and about 20 minutes each frame is what it taking to clean up. PS I am cleaning up each frame with Microsoft Paint, so gives you an idea of the sticks and stones I am working with.
GoldCylon, I'll offer the same for you...just let me know if you want me to transfer your 16mm trailer over to DVD free of charge. I have all of the appropriate pro-equipment and I can do a 16mm transfer to video with color correction on the footage. Since, you already have your footage transferred then you can compare my transfer to yours. PM me if interested. Thanks.

Return to “Media - Video - Sound Clips -Music”