How good is Kropsekel armour

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
paul mc
Patrol Member

Post by paul mc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:10 am

Hi guys need some expert advise please. I have been offered a Kropsekel cylon for a

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: How good is Kropsekel armour

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:27 pm

Welcome Paul,
The Krop suit is the only mass produced Cylon suit out on the market, and for that I give it a thumbs up. As for quality, and accuracy I rate it on a 1-10 scale a 4. Many people after buying their Krop suit have found their way here, and have done a few upgrade to their newly acquired costume namely the backpack. Going for a suit at half price is great if it isn't beat up, and or broken.

paul mc
Patrol Member

Post by paul mc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome I have had here. As I am new to cylons but not new to costuming is it ok to ask what upgrades do you think I would have to do eg like the backpack and I have noticed the armour for the boots is only on one side as on the originals its on both sides. Or can you recommend a more accurate maker of armour. I really do appreciate all the advise. Or do you think the krop would be good with the upgrades that is recommend. ?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:00 pm

It all depends the accuracy level you desire. Some people had 100% dumped their investment in Krop. Others have replaced the backpack, and the ankle gauntlets, and others just accept what it is they have. So do as you can, and ask away.

Darth Clayton
Raider Pilot

Post by Darth Clayton » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm

I am one who started out with a Krop suit as well back about 3-4 years ago. I have since sold most of it because of what Dale has said in regards to its accuracy. The only parts I have left of my Krop Cylon are the bracers, shoulders, and biceps. And hopefully I will have them sold sometime in Oct or Nov when I get my new parts from Brian.

Krop's backpack is AWFUL in my opinion, and not accurate at all. It's more like a toilet seat around your neck.. lol Ankle armor is not correct either, plus I think the bracers are oversized.

Just my opinion though.. :soapbox:
Jeff

RedaV
Patrol Leader

Post by RedaV » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 am

As I have previously post I have a Krop Cylon and have done some mods to make it 1. More comfortable to wear 2. More screen accurate as close as a Krop will get. I'm happy with it!Image

I did the following:

Replaced gloves
Added small belt for sword
Added bracket to scabbard to attach to belt
Replaced cloth skirt with metal skirt
Stiffened leather panels on under suit
Altered back pack as one piece with more angle on it
Added mp3 sound effects for eye & speaking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 am

Awesome photo. Glad to see the Cylon's, and Ghostbusters have finally teamed up to remove those ghost from Caprica and the other Colonies.

thumpermandave
Patrol Member

Post by thumpermandave » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 pm

here is mine from krop.....yep...backpack deff needs replacing
Attachments
dark sky cylon.jpg
me.jpg
me.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 1413 times
me.jpg
me.jpg (14.25 KiB) Viewed 1413 times

RedaV
Patrol Leader

Post by RedaV » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:13 pm

ImageImage

You don't really need to replace it! If you are handy with a dremel and careful at doing some cut and shutting it can come up a treat!

RedaV
Patrol Leader

Post by RedaV » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm

thumpermandave wrote:here is mine from krop.....yep...backpack deff needs replacing
Looking good Centurion! My only advise is to wear your belt a little higher so it is closer to your chest armor!

See original Centurion image

My Krop Centurion image

paul mc
Patrol Member

Post by paul mc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 am

Hi guys just got back from holiday so I thought I would check this site . Thanks for all the info and help. The level of accuracy I need will have to have is overly quite high as I am in the UK garrison and I want to get a cylon cleared in the real icons section . So if anyone can just oint me in the right direction for armour I would be very grateful. Thanks
Is the c.o.r.a a good place to start.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”