Decisions, Decisions...

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
Viper
Spare Parts

Decisions, Decisions...

Post by Viper » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Good afternoon all! I'm just joining you from the sunny shores of Fort Lauderdale. Personally I was brought up on Star Trek TOS and BattleStar Galactica since my dad was a big SciFi fan as well. I love the early movies (1951 The Day the Earth Stood Still is my favorite) and series and some of the latter stuff (some, not so much). I've yet to do any real costume building (I did GORT for a party) but I'm considering a Cylon for an upcoming event which, naturally, led me here.

I'll be reading, searching, and probably asking a lot of questions so if I ask something that has been covered please just point me in the right direction.

As background, I'm a retired Naval officer and current pilot for an airline. I dive, travel (a lot), fish and generally try to keep up with my wife. We have very eclectic interests from SciFi (me) to baking and carving event cakes (her), Wedgwood, diving, flying, travel and Tiki (both).

Thanks for having me!
Viper :cylon:

thumpermandave
Patrol Member

Re: Decisions, Decisions...

Post by thumpermandave » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Viper wrote:Good afternoon all! I'm just joining you from the sunny shores of Fort Lauderdale. Personally I was brought up on Star Trek TOS and BattleStar Galactica since my dad was a big SciFi fan as well. I love the early movies (1951 The Day the Earth Stood Still is my favorite) and series and some of the latter stuff (some, not so much). I've yet to do any real costume building (I did GORT for a party) but I'm considering a Cylon for an upcoming event which, naturally, led me here.

I'll be reading, searching, and probably asking a lot of questions so if I ask something that has been covered please just point me in the right direction.

As background, I'm a retired Naval officer and current pilot for an airline. I dive, travel (a lot), fish and generally try to keep up with my wife. We have very eclectic interests from SciFi (me) to baking and carving event cakes (her), Wedgwood, diving, flying, travel and Tiki (both).

Thanks for having me!
Viper :cylon:
hello viper.....i have only been here about a month and a bit...i am dave from the u.k. i am in the middle of building a cylon myself ....but any help you need or advice ....this is the place ...everyone is really helpfull.....hopefully i will be at the big meet in seattle for 2015.......started saving for it already.....lol....welcome anyway

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:46 pm

Welcome on board Viper. Great name. Is your fly time a regional airline or fly across country. Any photos of your Gort or other builds. A cake that looks awesome is welcome also. :lol:
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello Viper!!
Welcome, read up, and ask away. Hope you can get a project started soon.

Yes, we'd love to see your spin on GORT if you have any photos. :)

:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 pm

welcome

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 am

Welcome aboard the Basestar!

Post often and enjoy the site.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

TK6598
Centurion

Post by TK6598 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:04 am

Hi and welcome to the world of the shiny stuff! :salute:
Iain

Flyboy
Raider Gunner

Post by Flyboy » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Hi viper and welcome to the forum.

Return to “Say Hi”