DIY Chrome

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
movieman
Spare Parts

Re: DIY Chrome

Post by movieman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Big news for UK cylon builders, at last a real chrome product that uses silver nitrate, and you do not need any special airbrushes, just water spray bottles.

Please watch this video and be amazed, I intend to try this out on my cylon armour as I used alclad chrome which was ok but this is real chrome now for low low cost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaFJsiBclb0

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: DIY Chrome

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:19 pm

The overall results look good, but with a few downsides. The painter should have more experience to do a demo working with this chrome product. Always start with chrome at the bottom and work your way up. The drip marks starting at the top or middle will never be hidden. He hit two areas on the left bottom, and right of the faceplate to much, and had burn marks. The yellow marks you can see over, and over again are the chemicial burns. The clear coat was tinted gold to hide these mistakes, and since a 100% clear coat wasn't shown I have little hope that anyone can have a silver Cylon. Colored finished and Gold Cylon's will be the call of this system. I didn't convert the British pound over to US dollar, and but thinking you might need three or four of these kits, and shipping cost this system on larger projects like a Cylon will run over $400 US, and maybe up to $500. This isn't a cheap system for a do it yourselfer Cylon kit. Small projects that need one or two kits this nice system. Great find, and thanks for posting it, and not a cheaper route for the guys in the US to invest into.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”