Giving up on the Cylon Robot Project

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Giving up on the Cylon Robot Project

Post by RavenLX » Mon May 13, 2013 7:52 am

I'm giving up on my Cylon Robot project. After looking at the pattern it looks too complicated for me to put together and it looks like it'll be way too big for the robot's head, etc. If I print it out reduced I don't think I can put it together as the tabs and stuff will be so small and the pieces hard to work with. My hands hurt when doing small stuff like that so I won't be able to do that either.

Furthermore, the robots feet are HUGE by proportion and no way to get decent looking boots on it. The feet have to be that big in order for the robot to be able to walk at all.

It's unfortunate, but maybe someone else will some day come along and do something similar (or even better than what I probably would have done).

Many thanks to those who gave me advice, help, patterns, etc. Sorry it won't work out for me.

I'll be removing my web site for the project as I didn't get far at all and don't plan to update it.

I'll try and pop in here every so often when I'm able. Been busy and looks like a busy summer coming up. Hope everyone enjoys the summer weather (here it's actually freezing cold for a couple days!)

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Giving up on the Cylon Robot Project

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 13, 2013 8:18 am

That is to bad it didn't work out.
:frak:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon May 13, 2013 10:12 am

Too bad RavenLX, it would have been so neat.

Perhaps you can scale it back some? I bet you can still make a great project to learn from and inspire others with.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Post by RavenLX » Mon May 13, 2013 11:30 am

Sorry, for the reasons I previously mentioned, there's no way to scale it back and make it work. If there is, it's beyond my capability right now. Also I've been way too busy to do much with it and I don't let old project sit around. I either get them done or I drop them. I need the NXT parts for learning robotics so I can't keep that build laying around gathering dust.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”