My cylon undersuit

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
azuma
Centurion

My cylon undersuit

Post by azuma » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:42 am

I told Cylon-Knight that I'd post my undersuit a long time ago, but I was waiting to update my thigh covers & upper arm covers before posting the photo. However, after months of searching, I still can't find a faux leather in gunmatel with smooth surface for covers in my area, so I gave it up, and decided to go with my old thigh covers & upper arm covers for good. These covers are in black, and were recently sewed onto the undersuit.

I did not make the forearm covers, because I am 5' 9", the guntlets already cover most of my forearm, so I don't think they are needed.

For your information, my Cylon armor was directly purchased from Krop, and it is 2010 version with updated backpack which is still way off from SA. To be honest, I was quite happy when I received the armor from Krop, and I think for a ready to wear costume, it is really well made, but after awhile I kinda feel a little uncomfortable with here and there. Like most of Krop's owners, I planned to upgrade my Cylon, and the undersuit was the first piece I had it upgraded. After the undersuit was made, I talked to Dale this March (I was interested in his CORA armor and Robocop Promo suit), and he told me CORA may be able to help me on upgrading the armor parts. Unfortunately, I later put my saving onto a used Robocop suit, so I am not able to upgrade my cylon soon.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with my undersuit now, and it is way better than Krop original provided. The fabric on my undersuit should be very close to the original, as it is stretchable and in light silver purple. I guess I am pretty lucky to find something that is close to the original.

By your command
Azuma (The first Cylon in Taiwan)
Last edited by azuma on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: My cylon undersuit

Post by Red Eye » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:49 am

Good job on the undersuit! Did you made it yourself?

Next, you have to replace the old chunky Kropserkel gloves with some accurate Cooper gloves...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 am

VERY NICE azuma!
The suit looks great - and thank your for putting up the pics for all of us to see!!!

I agree that Krops are great for ready-to-wear. A very good start for so many to enjoy being Cylons! Your suit is rock solid. I love it. Looking forward to seeing your updates - oh - and post up your Robocop stuff to... we have a forum for Robo too! :)

:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Very well done, and I like how you made the adjustments that aren't used or seen. One thing you should do is remove the trim around the gloves. Cylon's have gun metal trim and Krop of chrome tape. Can't wait to see if you are able to upgrade the back pack.

azuma
Centurion

Post by azuma » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Thank you my friends. It sounds like a good suggetion to upgrade the glove first. Getting a new backpack is also a must! Krop one is just weird...

Azuma :cylon:

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:52 am

most impressive undersuit. I think the black patches look better than the gunmetal grey.

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes, very nice undersuit. Better than the normal ones that come with the costumes that I've seen.

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 am

I like him also, very nice, good work Centurion :cylon:

azuma
Centurion

Post by azuma » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank you guys. I am glad you like the undersuit. It is actually made by a local seamstress, and it took her a while to complete and with some complaints :wink: . I gave her a lot of reference (drawings, photos, and some mock-ups). She thought it was easy at first, but later she found out that it is quite difficult to make, and need a lot of patience to get it right.

BTW, I have been wondering the size of Krop armor. Does Krop armor runs larger than the original armor, CORA armor, and Hand-Schaub's armor? Or they are about the same? What is the size of the belt box covers? Krop's measures 4" x 4". I think the original should be smaller than that as G&M Power battery belt is 2.75" in width (I noticed this from the Gold Cylon's video of original bettery belt), and I don't think the cover would be much larger than the belt. Any idea?

Best regards,
Azuma

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:46 pm

@azuma
I just measured - My CORA belt covers are approx 3 3/4" square at the widest.
Hope that helps.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Very Very cool! :cool: love the under suit!......well the whole damb thing looks awesome!......Great job! :byyourcommand:
By Your Command

azuma
Centurion

Post by azuma » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:30 am

Hi Cylon-Knight, Thank you so much for the info. It's very helpful!!

Thank you Big Al.

Azuma

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:59 pm

The KS Belt Boxes are to big for a G&M Battery Belt.
Im still using my KS under arm armor, not sure how big or small a screenused part is.
For me it is importent that my different parts go well all together and that all of them fits me.

azuma
Centurion

Post by azuma » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:02 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170949109349?ss ... 1497.l2649

Just bought this pair of cooper gloves for upgrade.

Azuma

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am

NICE find, Azuma.
Great price - and already 99.9% black... double awesome!

Be sure to read this thread when you start working on them:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1169

:byyourcommand:

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”