The EMS Vocoder 2000 IS the Cylon Vocoder, NOT the Senn-...

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
uCylon
Spare Parts

Re: The EMS Vocoder 2000 IS the Cylon Vocoder, NOT the Senn-

Post by uCylon » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Janec did a wonderful job putting the video together. Mr. Berkos said it best, that every sound engineer has their own starting point. That's my clue to work on my own Cylon voice.

VoiceEncoder
Spare Parts

Post by VoiceEncoder » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:53 am

uCylon wrote:Janec did a wonderful job putting the video together. Mr. Berkos said it best, that every sound engineer has their own starting point. That's my clue to work on my own Cylon voice.
Yes, he did and you'll need to get an EMS Vocoder 2000 IF you want to try to sound as close to the Cylon Centurions as possible. While it is true that to date no one with either the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 nor the EMS Vocoder 2000 has perfectly captured the Cylon voice...it is a fact that the EMS model just naturally sounds closer. Also I had an email conversation with author Dave Tompkins who wrote 'How to Wreck a Nice Beach' and he told me he spoke with those involved with Mr. Peter Berkos and told him that Mr. Berkos was confused on which vocoder he used. They told Dave that it wasn't the Sennheiser, but indeed the EMS 2000.

Omega Red
Phalanx Leader

Post by Omega Red » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:02 am

EMS Vocoder What Is It? EMS 2000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sli2JRQ0i8w

And I guess the same guy did this vocal sample.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTP8159DCuo

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”