Hawk is a Cylon!

Anything Classic Galactica that just doesn't fit into the other subjects.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Hawk is a Cylon!

Post by Red Eye » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:24 am

While looking for some photos I could use for the character / cast member albums of our "Buck Rogers" gallery, I've stumbled upon this close-up of Hawk:

http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... awk_01.JPG

While taking a closer look to the medallion things at his chest, which I've never seen before in such detail, I've realized that they've reused two of the infamous Carillon Garrison Leader chest rank insignias!

Here's a comparison I've made:

http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... arison.jpg

They have a perfect match.

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Re: Hawk is a Cylon!

Post by 137th Gebirg » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 am

Interesting. Perhaps that's what the original piece looked like before it was cut up to make decorations for Cylon armor. Never would have guessed it looked like that originally. Good find! :salute:
I'm always astonished how, after 30+ years, people are still discovering new things about these old shows. It's a shame the production crews back then didn't keep better records of what they did.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:21 am

I agree with you completely.

If Classic BSG would be in production today, there would be a lot more material to work with...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:44 am

137th Gebirg wrote:Interesting. Perhaps that's what the original piece looked like before it was cut up to make decorations for Cylon armor. Never would have guessed it looked like that originally. Good find! :salute:
I'm always astonished how, after 30+ years, people are still discovering new things about these old shows. It's a shame the production crews back then didn't keep better records of what they did.
I agree that things are still being kind of found, but I was recently told that some great detail and photos were kept, and kept in secret, and a good chance they find find the light of day soon.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:45 am

Great!

Please post when ready... :salute:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:57 am

Red Eye wrote:Great!

Please post when ready... :salute:
It isn't me that is working on that project, but a fellow board member that is working on this massive under taking to open this up to the light of day. Apparently the person kept pretty records, and details, but didn't like the show. This one reason it is hidden away.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:02 am

I see. Can't wait to see what this certain board member will have to offer...

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:55 am

Cywk or sock lol!!

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:57 am

Red Eye wrote:I see. Can't wait to see what this certain board member will have to offer...
I second that. It's been far too long since I made my last update on the TOS Insignia reference chart. I would love to finally get a chance to flesh it out after, what? 4 years now?
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Return to “Anything Classic Galactica”