Scanner from Jupiter electronics.....

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
justin oi
Centurion

Re: Scanner from Jupiter electronics.....

Post by justin oi » Thu May 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks Cylon Knight!... Found that pic online when I was doing some undersuit research. The chest plate is a little more streamlined and looks pretty cool....But I think i'm going to go with Whatever C.O.R.A will send. I'm a smaller guy so I hope it will fit! Last bit of decision is if I should go with your exellent sticker set(so badass btw!) or mini larson scanners in the same positions/colours.The kits on thinkgeek.com are inexpensive(15$) and it would be easy to change the colours etc,but I really like the old school stickers. I'm almost thinking too many variations might take away too much of the original feel that made centurions cool in the first place.
opinions?

:cylon:

By the patchy chest-hair of Baltar!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri May 18, 2012 5:33 pm

I think that pic is a CGI take at a classic Cylon - has the cool essence of the character with a few modern artistic changes, very cool. I'm sure that C.O.R.A.'s armor will fit you fine, If it can help cover my gut then you'll look great in it! Glad you like my stickers - if you want to go classic they do rock (...just sayin'... :roll: ;) ). When I started my build (MANY MOONS AGO -oops :shock:) I had the same idea for a black/black under suit with chrome armor (not 1:1 accurate) and lighted panel/arms to boot (way not 1:1 accurate). BUT we are evil Cylons and do what we want. :twisted:

It has always been my belief that the stickers were suppose to be lighted items but finally the studio put the hammer down - "SAVE MONEY! WE ARE SPENDING TOO MUCH! SLAP A STICKER ON IT!" I bet that -or something like it- was spoken in late preproduction of classic BSG. Really, robots should have cool lights. And the extra little "bling bling" they give would rock. Maybe you could build your suit in such a way a "new electronics" panel could pop out and a 1:1 sticker could pop on. Sort of like a "Swatch watch" for your Centurion if you will... small interchangeable parts.

You talked about "Too many variations" ... I think that really, that will be limited to the people here at BYC.net, and 1:1 TOS BSG purists. The original feel that made centurions cool in the first place is that iconic eye, voice, and chrome armor... People on the street would still see you and say - A CYLON!

BUT - You COULD go too far and get crazy. I doubt you will... but we'll all be here at BYC.net to slap you back to your senses if you do.

So... 1:1? Or get creative?
(I say just build both! :twisted:)
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

justin oi
Centurion

Post by justin oi » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Sorry I've been gone so long! I'm getting back on the build and thought I'd share some pics. Cut the flashing and mocked up the arm pieces I got from C.O.R.A. I'm really happy with the results so far! Sanding and priming to come soon. My helmet separated a bit around the eye piece.....so filler and resanding soon on that. Got my skirting from ebay and am VERY happy with it. Right design and reflects colours in that nifty 70s way. There is way too much of it(easily enough for another and then some).....so I'll post that in the tradesies section once I cut my skirting. Hope you guys like! Next up is ordering the remaining armour pieces......Be on the lookout for my e-mail C.O.R.A !
Attachments
034.gif
032.gif
029.gif
028.gif
027.gif

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Lookin great!!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Luke1978
Patrol Leader

Post by Luke1978 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:02 am

Yeah looks great! What was the mesh listed as on ebay Justin, can you remember?

justin oi
Centurion

Post by justin oi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm pretty sure I looked up "metal fabric" on ebay......I'll see if I can find the seller for you next time I'm on ebay.

Luke1978
Patrol Leader

Post by Luke1978 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:35 pm

cool - thanks :)

justin oi
Centurion

Post by justin oi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Metal mesh fabric is what I did the ebay search for......I found this while looking it up today. hope this helps!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-HUGE-WHI ... 2ecb370522

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VINTAGE-HUGE-WHI ... 20da037887

:byyourcommand:

Luke1978
Patrol Leader

Post by Luke1978 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for that justin

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”