Galactica Flightpod - Half-Life

The models you built, and studio scaled miniatures
captain0terror
Spare Parts

Galactica Flightpod - Half-Life

Post by captain0terror » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 am

BSG flightpod (unfinished)
=============
A loose interpretation of one of the battlestar galactica hangar area, viper launch tubes, viper mk I, viper mk II, viper mark vii, colonial one, and part of the galactica flight deck(which is actually supposed to be on top of the hangar area accessed by elevators). =>

More screens:
============
Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

If you have Half-Life installed, you can download the playable map from here:
http://twhl.info/vault.php?map=5703

NOTE: You'll notice the textures look strange. This is because i made this as part of a Map-from-texture-pack competition at TWHL (results pending).

Here, are some images of the viper mark II with better textures:
Image Image

Since uploading this for the competiton, it's got some very warm reception, so i'm considering building a full singleplayer campaign, and retexturing everything, besides adding a raptor, cylon raider, and the stealth ship "laura".

As for the plot, i plan to make the player from the point-of-view of a hangar deck mate, who needs to decompress section of the bay to stop a fire, and then jump in a raptor and escape to a nearby planet, where zaniness will ensue with cylons. =)

Thanks for looking hope you enjoy! =)

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Galactica Flightpod - Half-Life

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Very, very cool stuff! :salute:

And welcome to the site!
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:38 pm

If you
www.battlefield-online.net

captain0terror
Spare Parts

Post by captain0terror » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Like i already said above, i built the map simply for a mapping competiton, nothing more. I mean, I like battlestar galactica, but i have no interest in playing it online.

It was never my intention to make a complete mod, but it's possible i'll make a small SP campaign if there is enough interest from my friends.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:01 am

That looks great, and I looked at some of the photos before I read the 1st posting, and took a look at the 3rd Viper that is in the hanger deck, and noticed it looked different by just a tad than the 2nd Viper. Glad to see three version How about the DeSanto Viper version? It is a simple change to the MKII The engine cowling intake has a arched intake to the three engines. RDM boughed his designed with a slight change.

captain0terror
Spare Parts

Post by captain0terror » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Very perceptive gold cylon!

I was too lazy to build the mk vii from scratch, so i just changed the nose, intakes, canopy, and quickly retextured. Another thing i wish i spent time on was Laura Roslyn's colonial one, which i literally built in 5 minutes before the competition deadline. it is so underdetailed!

by DeSanto Viper version do you mean from the original bsg? I really should have built one, but no. the viper on the far left is supposed to resemble a mk i though. the only viper i took time to get proportionally correct was the mkii (middle viper).

If i had more time i was gonna model a raptor, a cylon raider, "laura", and a colonial shuttle to put on my improvised hangar deck(which should actually be on top of the hangar bays). Also i wanted to add loads of small detail in the hangar bay like the cherry pickers they use to move the vipers around, power cables, gpu, tool and diagnostic screens, etc etc. =)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 pm

I'll dig around tomorrow whenI get home, and see what I can find to show off the difference, and no it wasn't the original, but his personal design from around 1984

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 am

Here is a larger image of the DeSanto Viper. The engine intakes are the big difference.
Attachments
fighter_viper_mk4.jpg
Original Tom DeSanto design

Return to “Models and Filming Miniatures”