CYLON undersuit on order :-)

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:11 am

Hello Dale,

I appreciate that you are at the mercy of this tailor, but as the week and a half that you mentioned has passed, and you have not posted anything I assume that you have not been given the undersuits yet.

I have been, and will continue to try to be, patient - after all you have provided so much for this cylon production. But it has been six months now, and although I will wait another six months if I have to, another update would be appreciated.

Surely she can't be far off now!

Anyway thanks for your help, and I look forward to the reply.

Kind regards,

Patrick

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:44 am

cybertrooper wrote:Hello Dale,

I appreciate that you are at the mercy of this tailor, but as the week and a half that you mentioned has passed, and you have not posted anything I assume that you have not been given the undersuits yet.

I have been, and will continue to try to be, patient - after all you have provided so much for this cylon production. But it has been six months now, and although I will wait another six months if I have to, another update would be appreciated.

Surely she can't be far off now!

Anyway thanks for your help, and I look forward to the reply.

Kind regards,

Patrick
Hey Patrick. I did drop the ball in my visit to go check up on the suits. I was talking about those suits last night with a fellow collector who asked how they were coming, and it was a reminder to get down to see her again. Her shop is open on Sunday, so I will make my way over today to get the latest news, or the suits.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:38 am

Hi Dale,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am sure that this is equally frustrating for you - after all you shouldn't have to keep chasing up the progress of these items.

Ideally you give someone a job, then you would expect them to get it squared away for you quick smart. But again thanks once more for your efforts in trying to wrap this up.

Regards,
Patrick

P.S. I hope that you have some better news when you get back from your visit.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:52 am

I went to see the seem tress yesturday, and her husband was there also. They are aware of the delay, and now will make a try to get the what needs to be finished suit, and material ot of storage from the two moves they made in the past 7 or 8 weeks. She did lose track of time, 6 months now, compared to original quote of 3 weeks to finish the project. Things for them over the past 5 to 6 months have been bad, and the husband is sleeping on the floor at the shop to try to work all night getting the shop, well a shop. It is a mess, and he was lying down on a make felgercarb bed while I was there. They both made a promise to make it a priority to get the finished ASAP, since they are both aware of the problem, and both agreed it needs to get finished.They both also agreed that as far along it is done, they could really use the money, and so close they are, it is easy money now to finish.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:39 am

Hi Dale,
Thanks for chasing this down to this stage. It is said that you shouldn't kick someone while they are down, but then it is also said that God helps those who help themselves.

Sounds like they have had really rotten luck, but finishing off this order will mean that they will get some needed cash, as well as having a customer off their back.

Anything more I could say would seem superfluous, so I will hold my words, other than to say once again, thanks for chasing this down as well as making this available to the small but growing cylon community.

Patrick

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:12 pm

Hello Dale,

Sorry to have to keep asking the same forlorn question, but has their been any progress on the undersuits?

Thankyou, Patrick

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:02 pm

cybertrooper wrote:Hello Dale,

Sorry to have to keep asking the same forlorn question, but has their been any progress on the undersuits?

Thankyou, Patrick
I haven't made it downtown to see her since the last visit 2-3 weeks ago. I'll try to make a run to the shop in a day or two.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:53 am

Thanks for the prompt response Dale, I appreciate your efforts.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi Dale,
I am about to be posted to a new location as of next week, and after that I don't know when I will be able to hook up to the net again.
Hence I would appreciate whatever update you can provide - I will probably be unplugging next Thursday when my move gets underway.

Cheers, Patrick

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:00 am

With the holidays I forgot about checking into the suit. I'll make a run over there in a day or two, and pick it up. It should be ready, since I was told it would be ready by now.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:57 pm

Thanks for that Dale, it would be great if they have finished things (although I am not going to get my hopes up). Hope that you had a great holiday break.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:11 pm

Well I did go see Mary today, and was there as she opened the doors to her shop. She hasn't done one thing at all since my last visit. Her husband wasn't there, but he made the promise to have the suit out of storage 5-6 weeks ago, but again promised today to remove in the next few days. I'll will give her one week to have it in hand, and if she can't give me something to grasp onto, I'll take what she has finished back, and refund your money, and then contact you, once I find someone else to finish the two suits up.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:47 am

Why is it so hard for a seamstress to finish work on time!!!? I've heard this story before with other people dealing with other seamstresses, too. It just seems ridiculous to take someone's money, promise a realistic delivery date, extend the delivery date, extend the date again, and then pack up the current project to work on someone else's project. Actually, not riduculous, but I would say criminal.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:38 am

Galactifan wrote:Why is it so hard for a seamstress to finish work on time!!!? I've heard this story before with other people dealing with other seamstresses, too. It just seems ridiculous to take someone's money, promise a realistic delivery date, extend the delivery date, extend the date again, and then pack up the current project to work on someone else's project. Actually, not riduculous, but I would say criminal.
I agree with you, I listed these suits on eBay about 6 months ago, with the promise of the suits would be ready in 2-3 weeks. I have since made a refund on one of the suits, while the other buyer is hanging tough. I had this problem with 1 other semstress in the past, and now this one. It isn't a easy build, and I think only after they dig in, and get working on it they find it truely is harder than they thought it really was.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:39 am

Galactifan wrote:Why is it so hard for a seamstress to finish work on time!!!? I've heard this story before with other people dealing with other seamstresses, too. It just seems ridiculous to take someone's money, promise a realistic delivery date, extend the delivery date, extend the date again, and then pack up the current project to work on someone else's project. Actually, not riduculous, but I would say criminal.
I agree with you, I listed these suits on eBay about 6 months ago, with the promise of the suits would be ready in 2-3 weeks. I have since made a refund on one of the suits, while the other buyer is hanging tough. I had this problem with 1 other semstress in the past, and now this one. It isn't a easy build, and I think only after they dig in, and get working on it they find it truely is harder than they thought it really was.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”