Flightleader Serpentine by your command!...

Tell us about yourself. Post about yourself, your collection, builds or what you hope to collect, build.
FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi,
I'm Steve and live just north of San Francisco, in Marin County. I've been a Trek fan since I was 5, and Star Wars since it came out in '77 (at the age of 8) and then Galactica. It became my favorite show ever. Especially the Cylons. Great show, but the best thing about it were the Cylons. My fav is the low-voiced copper and gold cylons. In the mid-late 80's I entered into the movie industry as a prop and FX artist and moved down to L.A. There I stayed for about 15 years, working in the industry, ...even did some time in the mold shop at Disneyland. I have a small collection of screen used items, including an original Cylon helmet with working eye, and am thinking of expanding the rest of the costume. I used to have a screen used dress uniform and a snow outfit from TOS BSG. I wouldn't mind locating a screen used battle jacket at some point, either, BTW. Not in the industry anymore, but I still collect. :) I just decided to join here today. :cylongold:

:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Flightleader Serpentine by your command!...

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:28 am

Hey Steve welcome on board. There is a auction taking place next Saturday (Aug 27th) over at PropWorx.com, and they offering up a Gold Cylon (my listing) Muffy the Daggit (restored by Brian, and my self), and a screen used Warrior battle jacket. Brian, and myself are just road the road a few miles in Sacramento. Can't forget Al he is here in Sac also. Glad you mad it on over here, and hope to see or hear some of your stories, and photos of your work, and your collection.
:cylongold:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 am

Welcome aboard!

Can't wait to see a few detailed photos of your helmet. :cylon:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:17 am

Well thank you for the welcome. We should plan a get-together sometime. I'd love to see your collection and I could bring along my Cylon head and some other things. Sacramento is only about 75 minutes north of me here. My Cylon helmet is in my avatar photo.
Last edited by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:49 am

BTW, while at Optic Nerve Studios, I was there when they tried to get the gig for designing and building the new cylons for the Sci-Fi channel show... I did a few sketches myself, trying to redesign them. Nothing very detailed. If I can find them I'll share.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:40 am

I'd like to see some of these designs. If you can't find them I can drop a note to Tom and see if he can dig them up. Was anything besides drawing ever made like a scaled model or full sized version.
Looks like you and Skullbeast worked for Stan.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:50 am

You worked for optic? I had some strong connections there, I worked there for a few years off and on. Hiroshi, Weaton, Yee, Funk, Gergley, Vulich. I was pretty close to those guys. I worked on x files Buffy power rangers thumbwars and some commercials.

---
- Die human!

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:41 pm

:cylon: Welcome :cylon: ....Man this is so cool that so many Pro Monster maker / Prop Makers find their way here!...That is a very impressive resume....You probably already know Skullbeast...or maybe he knows you?...anyway glad you are here and look forward to talking to you again.

P.S.
Galaxy Quest is one of my all time fav's......."Let's get out of here before one of those things kills guy!"
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Welcome FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE. Glad to have you join up. If you have any photos of your screen used stuff you'd like to share let me know. I am resorting the gallery and would be glad to add your images to it.

Post often and enjoy.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Skullbeast... yea, I was also in and out of Optic... worked with Greg Solomon, Greg Funk, John Wheaton, John Vulich, and all of the other usual suspects. I started there around '97-98 or so and went mostly between there, XFX and Stan's from that time on until 2002. I keyed Buffy and Angel for a season, too, with Gary Yee (and filled in on Freaky Links for a spell). I must have worked with you... what's your first name?

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:13 pm

John Cherevka. I would think so. I was pals w/ mike pack and I hung out with Solomon every now and then. I started at stans on jp3.

---
- Die human!

jclayman99
Raider Commander

Post by jclayman99 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Welcome aboard. I too have floated around the industry but I am doing key art now. Welcome fellow Cylon.
If "they" say it can't be done, it just means "they" cant do it.
JCLAY

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Hey John, did I work with you at Bottin's on Deep Rising? Did you have long blond hair...?

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm looking forward to building my centurion and hanging out around here. :cylongold:

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:04 pm

Nope I was only there for the Robo cop tv series for a short time. I'm working with glen h though.
I got a shaved head and lots o tattoos.

---
- Die human!

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 pm

R u steve f. Garys buddy?

---
- Die human!

Return to “Say Hi”