Icons?

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Re: Icons?

Post by RustyNetwork » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:59 am

Sure, Any rough ideas what you might want, color, layout wise, etc? name/theme and so on, ill see what I can do.

http://leopoldgarrity.deviantart.com/ most of my photoshop and mecha related materials! I like to write and so on. Also, bacon is the greatest food ever.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 am

RustyNetwork wrote:Sure, Any rough ideas what you might want, color, layout wise, etc? name/theme and so on, ill see what I can do.

Let me give it some thought......Somthing Cylony...with a pilot theme maybe?
By Your Command

RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Post by RustyNetwork » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Sure I've got a few ideas in mind, Ill get right on it as soon as I've fixed my laptop.
Reasons why I hate Vista OS: 1. Bluescreen for no logical reason any time you try to tweak output to be faster. 2. Kernel is as stable as a asthmatic chainsmoker. 3. Program compatibility is a joke. 4. Bootup is as fast as a frozen corpse even after configging or tweaking Msconfig and services.msc . 5. Bleeds system resources even on a decent system like a pig thats been gutted. Sod this, reverting the new laptop back to XP for a while. So I will have to reinstall photoshop and everything.
http://leopoldgarrity.deviantart.com/ most of my photoshop and mecha related materials! I like to write and so on. Also, bacon is the greatest food ever.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Now I wonder how you really feel about Vista...LoL

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm

I concure .......Vista blows Daggit Balls!!!!...Running 7 here.....My dad is having all kinds of trouble with his machine right now and he is running Vista!

No rush my friend .....Concour your rebelious machine before it rises up against you and try's to kill you!
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:09 am

I've run Vista on two Dell Laptops (mine and my wife's) for 5 years this October with zero issues. Only had a hard drive go out in my wife's machine - not an OS issue.

This forum is run from my Vista laptop. ;)
So, as you can see, Vista is the official OS of the Cylon Empire. lolz
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:21 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:I've run Vista on two Dell Laptops (mine and my wife's) for 5 years this October with zero issues. Only had a hard drive go out in my wife's machine - not an OS issue.

This forum is run from my Vista laptop. ;)
So, as you can see, Vista is the official OS of the Cylon Empire. lolz

Probably depends on which version of vista and the processer...(Home..Pro/Pentium, AMD)?? Speed?

I dunno....it's driving my dad bat S*#!T Crazy!
By Your Command

RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Post by RustyNetwork » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Vista is a horrid OS, ive had to fix/update debug most versions of it in the past. it's the clunkiest of the OS's. Right now I'm using XP so its compatible with some hardware (Printer/scanner/fax/laser cannon remote control) that I have lol. After 3 reinstalls I fixed it, mostly due to me using incorrect drivers for things, but it's a learning experience. Windows 7 is sleeker, more stable and looks/operates like Vista just not a resource hog. The machine I have that had vista on it was Intel Centrino 2.1 duo core. 3gb ddr2800mhz, radeon ATI 2300, Vista isn't too kind to single core or low end machines without tweaking the msconfig. I'm not actually just 'hating on vista' I've had to do a lot to peoples computers over the years to speed up, patch and or generally mod vista to be more responsive on boot up, perform a bit faster etc. I did have a laptop that ran it fine yes, but i think that was mostly becuase it was a purpose built vista laptop, got faster with seven, slower with XP. Hardware is a huge factor in weither or not the OS is any good, though you can mod msconfig and services.msc a lot.. But computers are computers, though if vista is what the clyons are running on it might explain something >.> Hard to kill all humans when you're downloading 3gb of updates lol!

Also I'll soon get back to making icons for stuff, just been busy the router were we live at appears to be going through its death eye stage in staggered countdown, I blame a storm we had a while back it may be surge damage.

GoldCylon
Founder

Icons?

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I just installed Windows 7 5 days ago on my HP 7700 and it does run smoother but I did install it on a new hard drive. I removed my Vista drive in case. I have a 64 bit system and with exception to a issue with a plug in on Firefox it runs great. I haven't restarted the system yet since the plug in was installed so the problem might be gone now when I restart later today.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40 pm

A machine has to be right for Vista, yes.
You just can't put a Corvette engine in a Pinto and expect to have a Corvette ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:05 pm

One thing Bills Gates mentioned about Vista that he believes the computer manufacturer didn't keep up with him. That the PC's with Vista were under powered.....Well I give it to him that no one would ever complain if a extremely powerful PC was made that Vista couldn't keep up with it... :nah:

RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Post by RustyNetwork » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:52 pm

honestly its true. I have a friend who had a quad core with a boatload of ram, etc, using a heavy duty video card, and he ran vista for years with no issue, it really seems to be bloated and unstable unless your computer can take it, trimmed down a bit? yeah it does weird things but nothing huge, the only reason I removed vista from this laptop was becuase an updated caused a conflict with the onboard hardware, and since I got it off ebay i was lacking in recovery disks and well yeah old hardware lol. im working on it though. All Os's can be decent if they're tweaked to actually perform well, and vista was a marvel when it first came out. 7, is built on its shell and XP , seems to be what everyone wanted, so its a nice smooth transition, though I did at first try to ugprade from vista to seven. and it wouldnt despite being capable of doing this, it was odd.

RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Post by RustyNetwork » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Ok, heres a rough idea Al, and another one I made just becuase. Tell me what you think, ideas, etc and Ill go from there.
Attachments
Al1.jpg
icon 1
Al1.jpg (13.78 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
Al1.jpg
icon 1
Al1.jpg (13.78 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Post by RustyNetwork » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:28 pm

And another one that has the site name on it.
Attachments
BYCW.jpg
BYCW.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 1270 times
BYCW.jpg
BYCW.jpg (31.01 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

RustyNetwork
Patrol Member

Post by RustyNetwork » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 am

Another one for Al that might work, same center decal as the first, the USAF commander rank badge on a cylon head with insert cutouts similar to the IL in the head.
Attachments
Al2.jpg
Al2.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
Al2.jpg
Al2.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 1265 times

Return to “Anything Off Topic”