PropWorx auction Aug 27th

Talk about just about anything you like. Your projects you have on your work bench, TV shows you like, or miss, etc.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: PropWorx auction Aug 27th

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:06 am

First off I am disappointed big time that TECHNICAL issues with Live Auctions really threw a wet towel on the get go of this auction. PropWorx wasn't the only auction that couldn't get going at that same time yesterday. Once they got going after a 10 to 15 minute delay with no warning they started up, (PropWorx fault then) most of the people online weren't able to view the starting bids on the Gold Cylon. I was one of these many people that had this problem. Only when the switched over to lot 2 the Daggit did I then see what was taking place, and so many people by then had called out and said they weren't able to see what was going on. The auction was then stopped by PropWorx. PropWorx then contacted Live Auction about the problem, and then about 20 minutes was spent resolving the problems with the internet connection across the country. It was about 10:45 when the auction with fair warning this time started back up. The Daggit price didn't change from what it was when it was stopped mid bidding. Before the bidding started back up I asked Alec if he was going to restart the bidding back at lot 1, and he stated the Cylon sold at start price. Meaning he wasn't going to revisit and acknowledge the Cylon for sale once more. It was listed for less than the price I asked to start at, and I have contacted Alec to discuss this. He has yet to reply back.
The jacket did sell, but I don't recall the price. I was looking at the time of bidding to scroll back to old bids. I think the jacket sold around $7000.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:54 am

Oh my... sorry to hear that! :sad:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:42 pm

On the left Cooper glove, you can see the Armadillo sign :-)
Is the skirt from the Gold Cylon on the pic silver ?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:05 pm

The skirts are color to match what ever the color of the suit is.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 pm

GoldCylon wrote:First off I am disappointed big time that TECHNICAL issues with Live Auctions really threw a wet towel on the get go of this auction. PropWorx wasn't the only auction that couldn't get going at that same time yesterday. Once they got going after a 10 to 15 minute delay with no warning they started up, (PropWorx fault then) most of the people online weren't able to view the starting bids on the Gold Cylon. I was one of these many people that had this problem. Only when the switched over to lot 2 the Daggit did I then see what was taking place, and so many people by then had called out and said they weren't able to see what was going on. The auction was then stopped by PropWorx. PropWorx then contacted Live Auction about the problem, and then about 20 minutes was spent resolving the problems with the internet connection across the country. It was about 10:45 when the auction with fair warning this time started back up. The Daggit price didn't change from what it was when it was stopped mid bidding. Before the bidding started back up I asked Alec if he was going to restart the bidding back at lot 1, and he stated the Cylon sold at start price. Meaning he wasn't going to revisit and acknowledge the Cylon for sale once more. It was listed for less than the price I asked to start at, and I have contacted Alec to discuss this. He has yet to reply back.
The jacket did sell, but I don't recall the price. I was looking at the time of bidding to scroll back to old bids. I think the jacket sold around $7000.
Soooo what did the Cylon sell for?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:29 pm

I was told it sold at starting price of 12K, but I haven't seen any paper work or online information that confirms that.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 pm

I see. Sounds pretty very very low. Not what I expected.
Man, the economy is so week even evil killer robots from space are not immune. :roll:

Red Eye, you are tasked with and hereby ordained and Cylon-Knighted (get it? That

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:44 pm

Well like stated above they had technical, and when a certain about of people can't see the auction you are going to loose out on having a full pool of people to bid on it. I was told 630 people that were pre-qualified to bid were online viewing the event, and who knows how many that weren't signed up to bid were watching. 1000?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Still, it just takes two to bid it up to huge amounts of money.
It was the focus of the auction / first page of their book and everything. I expected more. I would think many, if not most would be interested in it. Unless they are ONLY nuBSG fans. Then I could seem them not giving a lick about it.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 pm

While in the chat room someone asked me."Hey God Cylon, are you going to bid on the Gold Cylon"....Nice :frak:

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 am

[quote="Cylon-Knight"]I see. Sounds pretty very very low. Not what I expected.
Man, the economy is so week even evil killer robots from space are not immune. :roll:

Red Eye, you are tasked with and hereby ordained and Cylon-Knighted (get it? That
Last edited by Red Eye on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:43 am

OH MY GOODNESS, RED EYE!!! :shock:
Cylon Empire V.I.P.!!! :salute:

Now you can add the Gold Cylon to the list.

Red Eye

Post by Red Eye » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 am

Your wish is my command! :salute:

Propworx Battlestar Galactica Props and Costume Auction (August 27, 2011)

Image Image

Sold for: $12,000

LarryDale140
Patrol Member

Post by LarryDale140 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Hi

I think that the auction was totally screwed up (at least when I went to bid at the beginning). When I looked at the auction results later that evening, it said that there were no bids on the Gold Cylon, 4 bids on the daggit and no bids on the jacket. No pricing was given. I was interested since I bid on the daggit.

The next day, I looked at the results and it said that the cylon sold for $12k,the daggit for $20k and that the jacket went unsold (lot passed).

I checked again this morning and I got the same results. Dale mentioned that he thought the jacket sold for $7k. I could not confirm this. Anybody have any updated information?

Thanks

Larry

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Sorry Larry I was busy in the chat room talking with Alec about the listing, and I thought I saw it sell. I guess it was my error.

Now since there are photos posted by Red Eye on Vulpa, and the Gold Cylon look at the boots, and the glove trim. Not even close to the same color. Easy as pie a 2 year old can see the difference in colors.
Attachments
Vulpa Profiles.jpg
Gold Cylon PropWorx 01.jpg

Return to “Anything Off Topic”